Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lip Balm Love-MOR Lip Delight


I was lucky enough to win a MOR Lip Delight in Rosebud in the Beauty Blogger auction that Hannah from Counter Obsession hosted a few weeks back. I placed bids on a few things, and won a lip pack, donated by Mel from Ampersand Mel. I will be reviewing the other items in the near future, but for now will focus on MOR's lip tin.


Packaging: Absolutely adorable packaging, this balm comes in a sturdy tin that is a beautiful pink colour, and has gold imprints all over the lid. Though not the most hygienic balm method, it does gather 'oohs and ahhs' when you whip it out of your handbag. It must be noted, however, that I often find it hard to get the lid of this baby open.


Taste: Nada, plain and lovely.


Smell: As the name rosebud suggests this has a rose scent, but it's not as traditional as I was expecting it to be. It reminds me of lollies a little bit, too. Great mix! (Mister Christopher would like to add that he thinks it smells like 'a flower from Grandma's garden'. Very eloquent=))


Texture: Lightweight and smooth, I have to apply a few layers to get that 'wet' feeling.


Aesthetics: Doesn't give any shine to the lips, but makes them appear really smooth.


Reapplication: Find I have to reapply every now and again, but as with most of the other balms I reviewed I think this is not that they aren't soft or hydrating, but that I want that 'wet' feel. So if that isn't as big an issue to you, the results for reapplication will be different.


Repurchase: The tin is so stunning that I am planning on buying this for my Mum and sisters, and possibly my bestie, too. Look away if you're reading this, Candice!



Hope all you lovely ladies have a lovely Valentine's whether you are single or shacked up! I will be reviewing my favourite lip product tomorrow, and sharing some of my favourite Valentine's themed things, too.


Love, emmabovary xx

4 comments:

  1. I bought one of these for my Mum a while ago, she used it all up. I like them but don't think I'd but it for myself again but the same as you, deffintely a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review hun! I love these mor lip balms, my favourite is the one in the red tin (i forget what flavour), it smells absolutely delish like I want to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a fan of MOR myself. I have so many of them coz they're just absolutely yummy!

    Nadia @ Indulgent Beauty Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tilly: Yeah they make such great gifts! No wrapping needed haha.

    Lilit: I will have to try the one in the red tin, the rose is the only one I've come across so far.

    Nadia: I feel a MOR haul coming on, everything is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...