Monday, October 3, 2011

A Grey FOTD for a Grey Day

Yet another cloud-filled day on Saturday in Melbourne, and I had grey on my mind. Trying to take nice pictures of my IMATS and ABBW haul had me frustrated,so instead I snapped a few shots of the look I went with. I recently bought a cute grey Sportsgirl handbag, and I've been loving all shades of grey ever since.
A simple grey eye with pink lips and strong-ish brows (got them tinted at Benefit cosmetics over the ABBW weekend)
I really like the way the cool tones of the shadows go with a sweet pink lip. Usually when I wear a grey eye I go for a super baby pink shade on my lips, but I had just bought new warmer pink shades from Essence so chose them instead. Really liked the way it came out, felt like it was a a really pretty look for such a miserable day.
Here are the products I used:
Bourjois Healthymix Serum Foundation #52
NYX Powder Blush in Peach
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Essence Quattro in Chic-ify (pale grey shade in bottom left hand corner)
Chi Chi EyeShadow Dust in Door Bitch
Shiro Cosmetics pigment in Magneton
Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner in Black
Clinique High Impact mascara
Nutrimetics Recharging Hydration Mist with Ruby 
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Buck (from Naked palette, for brows)
*
I used the Essence shadow over the paint pot before playing around with Magneton over the lid, and added Door Bitch in the centre of the lid to add a bit of brightness to the eye. (Everytime I say/write/think about the name Door Bitch I giggle, cheers Chi Chi!)
*
And for the lips...
Two brand new lip products from Essence!
The lip stain at the top is from the You Rock collection which has just hit Australia (which probably means it's old hat to those overseas) and is called Let me in Rose. It's one of two lipstains from the collection, and I will be showcasing these shortly because I am in love with them. The gloss at the bottom is from another collection also just released in Australia Blossoms etc... This gloss is called Flowerkissed, and I love the way it looks when paired with the lipstain.

*
In keeping with the grey obsession, I painted my nails!
I used Sportsgirl 'It Nail' in Storm with Sephora for OPI in I'm Wired on the ring fingers to spark it up a bit. Next I'm going to pair a hot pink shade with the grey.

What colours are you obsessed with at the moment?
Have you used any of the products featured in this FOTD?
emmabovary xx

13 comments:

  1. I think gray and pink are a cute combo, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larie- glad you like that combo too, I've really been loving it lately:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing pink on my eyes with a bit of brown smudged just above the lashes - I've got hazel eyes so it's a good combination and I love it! I might try to swap the brown for a grey tomorrow though ;)
    Sabine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Grey is something I stay away from but I love the combo with pink, really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't you a beauty. I really like that look, simple yet classy.

    Slow Strut, Rouge Lips - Not Just a Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Angela- thank you!!!

    @Sabine I'm yet to try brown with pink I might give that a go soon because I have eyes that flash either green grey or blue so that might work:)

    @PrettyMom thanks so much for your comment:)

    @Su Oh I think grey would look amazing on you, thought I do love the super bright liners you posted about recently they are gorgeous!

    @Kristina thanks so much *blushes(* I am not talented enough to be fancy with my makeup so simple it is:)

    Thanks so much for all the sweet comments ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty, i love greys you rock it

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look sophisticated and so adorable!! was awesome meeting you Emma, your so much fun!!Looking forward to next year:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHY SO ADORABLE EMMA?! *pokes your face* ^______^ pretty, pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look sooo cute! I love the grey and pink combo~

    I actually already have a scheduled post for MAC Asian Flower and Little Black Dress together, and it will be up sometime this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Desiree thank you so much! And thank you for the email x

    @Priyanka sophisticated, I like that!;P I was most looking forward to meeting you, and you really exceeded my expectations. You're even better in person! xx

    @Jerry haha *squishes up nose*

    @Nancy that's a massive compliment, I really admire your mad skillz;P Stoked, am looking forward to the post on them, am expecting you to create yet another lemming for me ha. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...