Monday, March 5, 2012

Le Musee de Chi Chi

Having spotted Chi Chi cosmetics around the blogosphere lately, I thought I might showcase a few palettes I purchased from them a while ago.
I adore the museum inspired designs, I think it's a really creative idea.
This natural eye palette contains 4 shades of very wearable colours in a flower-embossed pin wheel design, and comes housed in a box which makes it appear an antique.
Really appreciate little touches like embossing, especially on cheaper priced items like this.
You will notice that I only swatched three shades from the palette. That is because I am a dingus.  The neutral shades are all nice and soft and something I would definitely recommend for those who are just beginning their makeup collections. They seem easy to work with and look great paired together or as a simple wash of colour.
The palettes are encased in clear domed plastic containers which are a tiny bit bulky for my ridiculous stash, but this would probably not be an issue for those with a regular sized collection.
I think that having a few bright palettes in your arsenal is never a bad thing. I tend to create really bright looks quite a bit, but those who don't can still make use of these shadows as bright liners!
Love the floral design, and the mix of 7 colours within the palette.
Nice bright pops of colour, the swatches below are a little more indicative of the actual colour payoff.
The orange is so gorgeously pigmented, I love it. The purple (lower, next to pink petal) is woeful and I had to practically push my finger into the shade to get this swatch. One crap shade in a palette this price is no drama to me though, I am still a very happy chappy.
I found a range of these palettes for $5 AUD each at Target,and have seen them at quite a few stores recently so your chances of finding them are good if you're an interested Aussie.
I would recommend these to people who are looking to expand their eyeshadow collection on a budget, as they also have a smoky eye palette in a moon design palette, among others.

Have you tried any of these palettes?
What do you think of the design? And the price?
What Chi Chi products do you think I should try next?

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand but the colors look nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Eugenia :) I hadn't heard a whole lot about this brand either, I just went straight to the pretty designs!

      Delete
  2. I like the natural colours they're so pretty and the packaging is nice too. You should try the Chi Chi nail polishes they're actually pretty good! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the packaging :) I will have a look at the polishes next time I'm there thanks hun x

      Delete
  3. Hey hon I followed your blog again! I saw your comment on my blog and realised I hadn't seen your posts for a while and for some reason I wasn't following you anymore :( I followed you on Bloglovin in case GFC decides to hate me again lol. These look like lovely palettes. I really like ChiChi, they have some amazing bargains and great products! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh GFC can be such a pain! thanks for refollowing :) Chi Chi sales are really great aren't they

      Delete
  4. I was going to say I never heard of this brand, but the end of your post explained why... Its an Aussie brand! The neutral palette looks awesome! Thanks for sharing these with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they also retail in the UK, I will keep my ears open to find out more about this :)

      Delete
  5. Designs are gorgeous and price is great. Havnt tried them but will be trying in the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Love their price tags, was very surprised with that

      Delete
  6. how in the world have i not seen these? i walk past the chi chi counter in Myer daily. The single Chi Chi eyeshadows were amazing (i have 12) but they discontinued them. If you like fake lashes cheek out their cat eye demi lashes. they are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if it's a Target only thing? My Myer has a shocking display of Chi Chi, though I have managed to rummage through and find some nice things. I'll have a look at their lashes, thank you

      Delete
  7. how adorable! i purchased a lippy from them a while ago am am definitely impressed, must check out the other products now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their lippies look amaaazing, such a great range of brights and peaches too

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...