Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Falling Leaves & Sunsets // FOTD ft. TheBalm

Spring has sprung, yet I am feeling autumnal in my makeup choices. This in-between sort of weather has my face confused, so I've just been reaching for pretties in my collection without caring about season.
I didn't have a direction for this look, but daydreamed about falling autumn leaves (can you tell I watch a lot of U.S. based YouTubers?) What eventuated was this look that mixed khaki green with a golden amber sort of shade, to create a fall style look. On a side note, I am trying to talk my mother into hitting up a Bath & Body Works while she is in America purely to snaffle me a 'Leaves' candle!
Chris kept complementing me when I wore this look, which of course made me feel a million dollars. Nothing better than a compliment when you try out something new! 
 Face:
Face of Australia Face Base primer
Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation in 51
The Body Shop Honeycomb bronzer (lightest shade)
Benefit Dallas blush
 
Eyes:
MAC Painterly paint pot
TheBalm Mischievous Marissa & Makeout Mary (here)
TheBalm Tempting Tara (inner corner & brow highlight)
Revlon Grow Luscious mascara in Shimmering Black
Smashbox Photo Op Undereye Brightener
 
Lips:
Face of Australia Divine Shine lip plumper in Lavish Instinct
 
Do you base your looks on season?
What do you think of this khaki and amber combination?
I wish TheBalm shadows didn't blend out as easily as they do, I find it hard to keep the colours as vibrant as they swatch!
 

5 comments:

  1. Stunning! You look amazing and your photos are freaking awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, subtle but still eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got BEAUUUUUUtiful eyes! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...