Friday, January 10, 2014

Manhattan Blooms

I am such a sucker for a beautiful fragrance, and a few of the products I've been using lately definitely tick the 'smell awesome' criteria box for me. The obvious product to smell amazing is a perfume (whoda thunk it!) and the latest bottle to hit my stash is the latest Taylor Swift perfume, Taylor. A lovely Christmas gift from my sister in law, it was initially the cool 70's retro luxe bottle that saw this jump on my wishlist, but the scent was the real hook in the end. Fragrantica mentions notes like lychee, tangerine and vanilla orchid, but ultimately this reminds me of Britney Spears Curious with a touch more class (note: I have a fond spot for Curious as Mister Bovary bought me it when we began dating, so this similarity is a very positive thing for me)
Another good scent experience comes by way of yet another sister in law - some Manhattan Dusk melts for our oil burner. Mister Bovary has a serious melt/candle addiction, and these were down to $1 so they were thrown in with my sister-in-laws Dusk haul while we were out shopping together. They smell of bergamot and rose damask, and I love the pretty pale blue colouring so much.

A surprisingly impressive scent is the new Maybelline Color Bloom lip balms which are not yet available in Australia, but were purchased in Bali as part of my Christmas gift from my dear friend Carly. These balms smell sweet and go on clear before blooming into colour on your lips, staining them a nice sheer shade. I adore the clean lines of the packaging for these, elated to have two new lip products to play around with this summer. I have Pink Blossom and Peach Blossom, the hot pink being my personal favourite.
Last but not least in the amazing scent stakes is the latest body moisturiser obsession of mine - Lush's Sikkim Girls*! I received this tub at the Lush Cruelty-Free Christmas event and have been rubbing in the heady jasmine scented lotion every night before I hit the hay. It does leave a bit of a residue but smells so good - the scent is described by Mister Bovary as 'a mix between a Lush store and a hippy'.
 
What scents have you been swooning over?
 
Emma @ emmabovarybeauty

10 comments:

  1. I should definitely check out this perfume although I am not fan of Taylor Swift I love all Britney's fragrances. :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a huge T Swift fan either, but my she knows how to make lovely perfume :)

      Delete
  2. I've been indulging in my winter scents - a lot of vanilla based goodies! Back to Prada Candy, mostly, though, and I feel quite boring, hahaha. Also, Diptqye Eau Duelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla, mm mm my favourite! I hear so many good things about Prada Candy, I'm pretty sure I have a sample floating around somewhere...

      Delete
  3. I just popped into Dusk today - they have some great sales on! I smelt Manhattan and really liked it but I got the Tropical Summer gift set instead. I'm loving the smell of that one!

    Tashi // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh that gift set sounds nice - I was tempted to get a little zen garden while I was in Dusk

      Delete
  4. That's very cute that you have positive associations with the Curious perfume; I think it's the first one I actually used thanks to a few samples I found years ago. It's unfortunate that the Maybelline lip balms aren't available in Australia; they're a lot more appealing to me than the Baby Lips which I don't particularly like. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how scents can bring back lovely memories :) Hopefully the Maybelline balms will come out in Australia one day!

      Delete
  5. Except that a Lush store is basically the same as a hippy ;) (And I love it.) I've been meaning to check out Dusk candles but there's no store near me. Fascinating for a guy to be into candles though, invariably all the ones I know don't understand the fascination with candles whatsoever :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as hippy as they come! Mister B is very into candles, he has a great nose for nice scents though we do like finding bargains so no Diptique for us lol

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...