Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Minty Fresh

I have a feeling you might be sick of hearing about how amazing Dior eyeshadows are, but the Fairy Golds palette has honestly been on my lids 99% of December and so it makes sense that it is featured in this face of the day. The main excitement for this look was the inclusion of a mint inner corner highlight, but sadly the photos are still from my iPhone and I still haven't been able to capture the effect all that well. I've been popping a little bit of essence Beauty Beats I'm Backstage single shadow on every morning because I think it looks really cool - close enough to pale champagne to look normal because it is sheer, but just that little bit cooler.
 
Illamasqua Sophie* is such an amazing blush, shimmery but looks glowy on the cheeks so I don't technically need to bother with highlighter. I dusted on a little bit of essence Return to Paradise shimmer powder anyway, and topped off the shimmer with some NYX Peach powder blush. Sounds like a lot of powder right? Good blending saves the makeup crazy mood every time. I am trying to use up the NYX pan and find that dusting a little bit on can alter the colour of the blush underneath and it helps use up the pan. I'm quite sick of the shade on its own, so this is how I plan on getting rid of it.
 

Base was the usual, and I've been using the Revlon 3D Volume mascara for a little while now but I'm not totally impressed with it. It's a bit too wet for my liking and the look isn't all that good on my lashes. Something that I have been impressed with more so is the Too Faced Shadow Insurance which has served my lids well (though it could also be attributed to the Dior awesomeness that is Fairy Golds)
A nice and easy look that is very wearable, but is lots of fun to apply in the morning is often the key for me. I'll try my best to capture the mint pop and pop it up on Instagram soon (@emmabovary)
 
I'd love to know what shade you use in your inner corners?
 
Emma @ emmabovarybeauty

16 comments:

  1. I haven't worn mint on my lids for a while. Thanks for the inspiration! Kicking myself for not including the Dior quint palettes on my beauty wishlist although I can't possibly get everything that's already on it as is! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice shade for the eyes isn't it? I am unsure about the new Dior quints, there are always shades that I won't use in there ><

      Delete
  2. i LOVE this look Emma ! It's so fresh :) Hahaha i am lusting after that Dior palette hardcore <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dior eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous and perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really was perfect for the season, I used it so much during December for early mornings and late nights at work

      Delete
  4. Oh that palette looks gorgeous! The taupe shade is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really an amazing palette, and such a cute name too!

      Delete
  5. you look gorgeous! I want to break out mint again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love the idea of using a mint shade as an inner corner highlight! I don't actually think I have a good mint shade, but I'll have to try it with something besides the usual pale gold/peach that I use there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mints like this are surprisingly really wearable for the inner corner, closer to champagne than I thought at first!

      Delete
  7. The Dior palettes are so freaking gorgeous, I might have to crack this year and get a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's it, I have to track down that Dior. Thanks a lot, Emma. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...