Friday, July 25, 2014

The Honeymoon Wishlist (Part One)

I'm hesitant to splurge on beauty and skincare nowadays, but the impending honeymoon means my current favourite hobby is adding pretty things to my 'almost wish list', also known as the products I plan on checking out while on our honeymoon. We've been saving like mad for the usual wedding things and it's been a nice escape to think about swatching at Sephora!

We are pretty certain we will be visiting Las Vegas and Hawaii for our honeymoon, and it will be our first time in the U.S which is quite thrilling. I won't be picking up all of the products on these wish lists, but it is nice to dream isn't it? Some of these I can get a hold of in Australia but they will be cheaper overseas, and buying them in places like Sephora will feel oh so much nicer!

Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream perfume
I'm thinking of picking up a nice perfume for Mumma Bovary while overseas, and she is a hardcore MJ fan and the original Daisy is her jam. This one is so pretty!

YSL Kiss & Blush (12 Moca Garconne)
I've swatched the gorgeous Moca Garconne shade a million times, but won't think about biting the bullet until I'm high on holiday vibes.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush
I love my Tarte blushes so will definitely be picking up some more shades while I have easy access to them all. Swatch fun will be had!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup
I've seen this around and like the idea of being able to try the Neutrogena makeup range (since all we get in Australia is the skincare!)

Sonia Kashuk Concealer palette 
Have wanted this for the longest time, hope I can make it to a Target to see a Sonia Kashuk stand in person for the first time.

Neutrogena Pressed Powder 
Same reasons as above, but I am a sucker for a good pressed powder plus I know it's something I'll use up and enjoy.
 
Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder
I thought this would be the next powder out in Australia to replace the Dream Matte, but Matte Maker is currently the fresh one on the shelf. I will be buying this and giving it a red hot go with Dream Matte comparisons in my head.
 
Bath and Body Works Wallflowers
I adore home scents, and the cute wallflowers that they have at B&BW are too cute to pass up. They have cool clip on designs that I want to buy and I'll grab a few scents to use in the lounge and bedrooms.
 
Bath and Body Works Pocketbac
I like the idea of hauling little, easy to carry things so the scented hand sanitizers are an easy option.
 
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee
I will need to swatch this before deciding if it's worthy of a purchase - I find cheek products like this a bit challenging but have seen so many rave reviews that I'm intrigued. 
 
Bath and Body Works Candles
Heavy, oh so heavy. Lucky I have Mister Bovary's suitcase to fill up too!
 
Dior Fluid Sticks
Another product I can grab here but will resist until holiday mode is activated. A nice wearable shade like Mirage might be on the cards...
 
Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette
Swooning over this, but whether or not it is still available when I head overseas remains to be seen.
 
Sephora Formula X polishes
There is absolutely no need for me to buy another polish ever, but I know I will buy one or two of these because I'm a sucker (and Estee from Essie Button likes them = immediately convinced) 
 
This is only just scratching the surface of what I want to suss out while on holiday! I'll be honest and say that all of the excitement at just looking at these products online it making me a bit too excited! I think I need to go and sit down...

11 comments:

  1. LOL @ sitting down!!

    I have that Sonia Kashuk concealer palette and it's the best concealer I ever purchased. It comes in two options so make sure to choose the light one! I wonder if that's light enough for you though, hmmm.

    Vegas AND Hawaii sound so awesome. Never been to either, although I'd choose Hawaii over Vegas in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a look in person and be sure to find the 'light' one, thanks for the tip! I would choose Hawaii too, Vegas was definitely for Mister haha but looks like good shopping anyway

      Delete
  2. How exciting, Emma! I've been wanting to try the YSL Kiss & Blush as well as Dior Fluid Sticks. I hope you have an amazing time in the US (I haven't been there but always wanted to!) xx Make Me Up Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops sorry about the link, Emma, please feel free to delete :) It's a habit! I just saw your remark on your blog about not leaving links. My apologies xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No stress re: the link, I know it wasn't a self-promoting one as you always leave great comments Mandy :) I really hope I get on well with the kiss and blush, the consistency is so different!

      Delete
  4. The Rainforest After Dark palette looks SO AMAZING!!! All of these look amazing but the Rainforest After Dark palette and some of the formula X polishes are products Id love to own :)
    I know I might have said this before but I am so incredibly happy for you and your Mr :)
    You will have a wonderful wedding and a wonderful honeymoon :)
    And even though you might be able to buy some of these products in Australia it is always that extra something and special to buy it somewhere else :)
    For instance if you buy a perfume that scent will forever be linked to your honeymoon... even though you get older you will always remember that day :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool does it look!? I can't wait to be married and get to enjoy some time on the beach, it's going to be so amazing. When are you and Freddi getting married, have you set a date? I am researching some fragrances now for a honeymoon scent, I have a MOR lychee perfume that I wear each time we go on holiday so I think I will bring that along, too.

      Delete
  5. I do like my YSL Kiss and Blush :) And the Formula X polishes are quite nice! Have fun...it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know people I trust like the things I want! Is Barry M available in US too?

      Delete
  6. Whoah! Quite a list there Em! I guess it's time you save up your $$ so that you can spend it during your honeymoon ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...