Monday, July 21, 2014

What I Bought in June

Finally getting around to sharing the beauty products I brought home in June. Each month seems to see the items dropping in number which can only mean the wedding is coming even closer and my savings are getting strict...
Kicking off the monthly haul round-up with a buy for Mister Bovary - he insisted we try the newly repackaged (and I believe reformulated) Palmer's Anti-Aging Smoothing Lotion which he uses to rid himself of chicken skin on his arms. It smells a lot more tame than the previous blue tube, which makes me think the goods inside are different now, too. I then threw a Vaseline Spray Moisturiser into my grocery basket along with my beloved Invisible Zinc 30+ Tinted Daywear - both of which were crazily (and I mean crazily!) discounted. The Byphasse Micellar makeup remover was a mere $5 and I couldn't stop myself from wanting to try it out, despite having backup bottles of both Bioderma and Garnier for cleansing water. I don't feel as bad hoarding things I know I will use up, so there is my justification for that.
The Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves mascara was another crazy-cheap grocery run buy, and after posting a snap of the newly released Nivea Fruity Shine Peach lip balm on Instagram I had to return to buy a tube to try for myself. One of the most exciting things I nabbed in June were two new gel shades to use with my Sensationail - Sally Hansen had a sale so I picked up Back to the Fuchsia and Kook-A-Mango (my favourite SH shade in the complete Salon Manicure line, shown here!)
You just know I had to mention these little stunners- my new favourite long-lasting lip product! I'm sure you've all seen (and tried?) the new Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets, but if you haven't I can vouch for their beautiful colours, stellar staying power and adorable packaging (despite the issue of the plastic wrapper fusing to the tube...)
Blush fiend had a nice delivery via eBay - a gift from Mister Bovary in the form of Dolce & Gabbana's Caramel blush. Yes, another neutral blush, but one wasn't enough it seems as I also picked up Revlon Naughty Nude at the start of June and have been absolutely smashing it.
The much-lauded Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black and Nirvana White fragrance rollerballs were also via eBay and I still can't decide which scent I prefer, they are both so lovely. I suppose you can say the same thing happened with the Chapstick All Things Sweet tin...I couldn't choose just one of the gorgeous designs, to two identical balm trios came home with me. Cake Batter lip balm people, cake batter!

I think I did quite well this month - the eBay purchases were technically from May but arrived in June so all up I didn't splurge too much compared to my usual reckless self. Have you bought anything nice lately?

Emma x

12 comments:

  1. Nice haul! The Rouge Velvets and the Chapsticks are getting all the hype nowadays!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't bought anything yet still in June, except for clothes (what else is new!!!) but I'm loving the look of that spray moisturiser from Vaseline! That'll cut my application time in half (maybe not?). Do let me know how you go with that AND that $5 micellar makeup remover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I haven't bought much in the way of clothes this month.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are just so lovely and long-lasting, can't get enough of them

      Delete
  4. I'm trying desperately to not pick up Bourjois Ping Pong. Had to sit down and compile an old school reductionista style lip inventory list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha why not - it's a great formula and I've found it really different to the bright pinks in my stash.

      Delete
  5. I just got Kook-a-Mango and really like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it as a regular polish and now having it in gel form has made me so happy :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh which eBay store did you get those Elizabeth and James rollerballs, Emma? I'd love to try them out, they're getting so many mentions these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the store I purchased from : http://www.ebay.com.au/usr/xtangentuniverse
      I really like both of the scents, might pick up a full size when we head overseas

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...