Monday, February 2, 2015
Thoughts of the Week #1
1. I absolutely gorged myself on Sarah Cooks posts this week - I don't want to think about how many hours I lazed about reading through the backlog of posts and swooning over Melbourne restaurants I've since added to my 'must-try' list. Sarah has this easy way of writing that is beautiful but simple at the same time, and I am utterly addicted.
2. Lots of opinion-filled rants about the news on my Twitter feed this week, which led me to realise that I don't like having strong opinions on current affairs. I know that admitting that is probably quite strange, but I need to allow the terrible or conflicting news to wash over me lest it bring my mood down with it, so my lack of a true opinion suits me just fine.
3. In relation to the above point of not getting really into current affairs, I'm quite content to care about pop culture instead. Still can't stop thinking about Amal Clooney at the Golden Globes and how gorgeous her lip colour was. If only my pale skin tone would rock it as well...
4. The news that Urban Decay is coming to Mecca Maxima from March 27th has me happy - I neglected to pick up a single pan of my beloved Sin eyeshadow (which I've almost used up in my original Naked palette) on the honeymoon but now I have access to it once more!
5. It was my eldest sister's 40th birthday yesterday, we had a nice family lunch at a Thai restaurant and then went to a bar for some drinks low-key. Was so nice to celebrate her special day with her!
6. I've just seen the new trailer for the Madame Bovary film starring Mia Wasikowska and to say I'm excited about seeing it is a massive understatement! Namesake of the blog and all, my all-time favourite novel.
7. I still have a matte red lip product option on my wish-list - I'm tossing up between a Nars Velvet Matte or a new Bourjois one...any recommendations on a matte red for a very pale lady?
8. So happy that the Socceroo's won the Asian Cup. I've never been 'into' soccer but watched all of the Asian Cup games intently so the conclusion was perfect for me!
9. I've added Prix Fixe to my list of possible restaurants for our anniversary in June - yes I am thinking that far ahead, a sort of mental holiday I can take now and again to think about staying in a hotel in Melbourne and eating some delicious food we've never tried before. Are there any amazing restaurants in Melbourne CBD I should be considering?
10. Continuing to impress me daily is the Moccona with a hint of Caramel, it's saving me money as I'm not heading to our local café daily now. I've heard the Hazelnut is amazing as well so will be buying that one next!