Tuesday, April 14, 2015

March Eats

March was a bit of a quiet month in the food stakes, we relied on a lot of our staple dinner recipes and only tried a few new things. We're saving for a trip to Bali so eating out was a rare occurrence in the Bovary household, but I did perfect an easy dessert that Mister is obsessed with and tried a new cereal that is my new morning love, so they were pretty good developments!
Dominos Pizza
Cornflake Crumbed Chicken with Greek Lemon Potatoes
Slow Cooker Curry on the way!
Spicy Capsicum Dip with Water Crackers and Carrot Sticks
Dominos pizza is a treat that the Bovary household is a big fan of - it's a bit pricy for pizza so we don't eat it too often though. I make my own 'Designa' pizza, because there is nothing better than feta and prawns on a crème fraiche base! In terms of homemade dinners, my favourite for the month was definitely my cornflake crumbed chicken - the sweetness from the cornflakes makes for the tastiest crumb and I can't wait to make this one again.
Microwave Golden Vanilla Pudding
Chocolate Cupcakes with Confetti Sprinkles
Uncle Toby's Plus Iron
Sweet Milo Slice
A regular instalment after dinner in March was this awesome microwave pudding - I use a base of golden syrup and serve it with scoops of vanilla ice cream (I use this recipe for it, super easy!) A big fail was the milo slice, I followed a recipe I found online when I was poking around for new things to make with milo but it was really hard and didn't have a great flavour - should have stuck to dumping the milo into cold milk like I usually do! My best new find of the month was Uncle Toby's Plus Iron - I tried this sample pack and then bought a full size, such was my immediate love for it! I've since finished that and have bought two more because I found it on sale and wanted a back-up. Having a food back-up reminds me of Papa Bovary who buys everything in bulk, it makes me laugh!
 
How exciting was your March Eats? Any recipes I should give a whirl?
-Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...