Friday, May 8, 2015

Recent Book Haul

I don't know if it's just the change in weather or a change in my mood, but I'm getting back into reading after becoming a bit slack over the last few months. It's been a while since I've actually bought new books to read (a few grabbed at Savers is about all I've done in the past year) so I was excited to purchase some in the last week, and was gifted a stack of others from my sisters stash. All of them seem quite promising and I'm looking forward to some nice nights curled up on the couch reading with a cup of coffee or glass of wine - that cliché heaven for bookworms, you know?
Everyone's current favourite author features quite heavily in the stack as I've wanted to see what all the fuss is about - Liane Moriarty! I picked up her brand new release 'Big Little Lies' from Big W where it was on sale for less than a tenner, and my sister gifted me 'What Alice Forgot' and 'The Hypnotist's Love Story' from her stack of unwanted reads. Also in the stack from my sister was Caroline Overington's 'Matilda is Missing', and on loan from her is 'The Pilot's Wife' by Anita Shreve which both of my sisters rave about and reread often.
 
What really spurred on this book haul was finding out that my local The Book Grocer store was closing down and had subsequently marked all books down to $5 - I promptly picked up Sophie Kinsella's 'Shopaholic to the Stars' which is the latest in the Shopaholic series (a series I adore!) along with Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop by Abby Clements. I'd not heard of that one before but I love most books that deal with small stores and the lives of those involved with it, plus - ice cream! Last but not least I picked up an eBook after seeing this tweet - Mothers and Daughters by Kylie Ladd. My to-read list has grown so much now and I can't wait to sink my teeth into these. Which should I read first?
 
Have you hauled any new reads lately?
What should I buy next?
-Emma

3 comments:

  1. I'm about to start reading Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography (I love celeb autobiographies). I probably should read a real book at some stage! The Icecream Shop one sounds quaint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh those books by Liane Moriarty are in my to read list! I'm a big fan of the Shopaholic series too but sadly, the latest one was a huge letdown for me. I'd like to know what you think about it. As for my book hauls, I buy the ebook versions due to the lack of space in my house. I recently got Tess Gerritsen's The Bone Garden. Will be reading that next (currently reading Bad Move by Linwood Barclay).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall always means book season, doesn't it? :) It's too bad about the store closure but good deals can't be missed! I'm having some trouble finishing books lately but hoping to find that one amazing read that will propel me to devour more.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...