Monday, May 16, 2011

Kiehl's Improve on Price!


I was lucky enough to be invited by Jess from EGPR to attend the blogger event the Melbourne Kiehl's counter were holding last week. The event celebrated the terrific decision the brand have made to permanently drop their prices on a wide range of their most-loved products. Having always wanted to try their cult star Creme de Corps, I was ecstatic to find it was no longer $89, but now $68! Kiehl's decided to reduce their prices after working out that most of the Kiehl's-loving ladies (and gents) preferred to purchase their hauls overseas, where prices were much more affordable. To combat this, down their prices have gone, some by up to 50%!
The lovely Candice from tea and cake and I met so many gorgeous bloggers, and munched on sushi and yummy Nudie juice before getting a one-on-one consult with one of the Kiehl's reps. I whinged to the lovely guy who helped me about my frustrating skin, and asked lots of questions. He suggested quite a few products to me, and Kiehl's were kind enough to gift me a few of them.


Kiehl's #1 Lip Balm in Cranberry,Overnight Biological Peel, and the cult fave Creme de Corps!
I'm sure you will be seeing some of these being reviewed in the coming weeks, and I'm going to rope Candice into guest-reviewing some of her Kiehl's goodies,too.
Candice and her gorgeous Kiehls rep, Emma
I find it inspiring that more and more brands are realising the potential that lies in the Australian market, and lowering prices to stay competitive. I'd not had much contact with this brand previous to this event, and am now excited to try not only the items I was gifted, but others that caught my eye. The ultra-facial moisturising cream is supposed to be amazing, and I plan on purchasing when my current moisturisers are finito. I also plan on buying some goodies from the male Kiehl's range, especially after seeing their super-cute advertisements:

The Facial Fuel Squadron! Cleanse! Shave! Moisturise!

Kiehl's are holding a competition amongst us bloggers, in which we can win a stack of Kiehl's goodies as well as some to pop away for giveaways for our readers! If you'd like to help me win, follow these instructions=)

Facebook: "Like" the Kiehl's Australia facebook page and post on their wall "I found out about the Kiehls price drop from Emma at emmabovarybeauty and my favourite Kiehl's product is..."
Don't worry if you haven't tried anything from Kiehl's before, just mention what you'd love to try!

Twitter: Tweet "I found out about the Kiehl's price drop from emmabovarybeauty @egpr_beauties @emmabrooks91"

I am later than most in posting this and doubt I have a chance of winning, but thought I would throw my hat in the ring anyway=)  I applaud Kiehl's for their brave decision, and look forward to falling in love with their products as I work my way through them. Thanks to Kiehl's and EGPR for the invite, I had a marvelous time hanging with some of my blogging idols.

emmabovary xx

4 comments:

  1. It was so fun! Wish I could do it all over again :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh I totally saw you and it didn't register that you were Emmabovary!! Ahhh, stupid Celina! Sorry I didn't come to say hi :( I promise to at the next event <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ling- You are stunning in real life (not that you aren't in pictures) but wow. And so lovely=) So happy to have met you! Got home and first thing Chris asked was 'Did you meet Ling?' haha <3

    Celina- Haha that's okay! I haven't posted many FOTD's or anything so didn't think many would know me;p We will def speak at next event =D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so much fun meeting you emma i know have a beauty friend :D

    we must catch up soon
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...