Thursday, September 1, 2011

August Empties

Happy spring my little birdies! August was a busy month for me in terms of uni work, and I'm proud to say I got a lot of work done and stayed generally on top of things. Hoping to finish more makeup items in September though, to make room for the inevitable IMATS/ABBW haul.
So it seems the shower and removal of makeup process is the one most done this August!
*
Rose Body Scrub, whose brand I am unsure of as I don't speak a language other than English. I purchased this from Daiso in Doncaster (Victoria) and found to be a wonderful light scrub for everyday. Sadly they had none left when I went to repurchase (though they did have matching items in same scent) but I will keep my eye out and definitely get this again.
*
Avon Naturals Grapefruit and Mint shower gel 200ml. Dad bought me a set of these for xmas and I've only just gotten around to using them. A nice lather and scent, but I'd like the scent to be a bit stronger as I like them full on. From memory they're around $2 each at xmas time, and come in a variety of nice scents. Will be grabbing more come December.
*
Crabtree & Evelyn Clarifying Body Scrub with Eucalyptus and Essential Oils (50g) was a punch in the face! Scent was powerful and formula was nice and gritty, so if you like eucalyptus this could be for you. Smells too strong for me, so I won't be repurchasing.

Priceline Re-Balance Vitamin Enriched Moisturising Complex Facial Cleansing Wipes (25pack) are my holy grail of wipes. Nothing has beaten them so far, and I really can't see it happening.
*
Swisspers Facial Wipes (25pack) stung like crazy, and I really regret purchasing a double pack of them. I used this for swatching purposes and to spot clean brushes after use. Will not buy again.
*
Priceline Round Cotton Pads (100) are great for removing make up at night, and I find these to be great quality and cheap. Will be repurchasing when I run out of the pack of random brand ones I'm using right now.
*
Face of Australia Gentle Makeup Remover is used in conjunction with the above cotton rounds for removing makeup, this doesn't sting and gets the bulk of my makeup off really well. I have found it to have trouble with the mascara I'm using at the moment, but since I don't like the mascara anyway I will not hold it against them;)

Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo is a life saver for me, as my hair becomes oily quite quickly the more I work with it. To make blow drys/curls/straight hair styles last longer I spray this on the middle layer of my hair (lifting up top section to avoid the 'grey' look) wait a while and then massage it in. I find it gives me hair volume, too, which I love. The scent isn't my favourite but now that I am in the midst of planning my Thailand trip, I think I'll fall in love with it again! Tropical hair and holiday, be mine!
*
Benefit Bad Gal Lash mascara had a big wand that took me a while to get used to, but I did enjoy using it once I had a technique down pat. This is in my empties because I'm trying to be good and toss mascaras regularly, plus it had become quite dry and less comfortable on my eyes. This was a freebie with a magazine purchase, which was an awesome gift in my opinion!
*
How much did you manage to use up in August? Have you tried any of the products I finished this month?
emmabovary xx

*Avon shower gel was gift from Dad, Benefit mascara was gift with magazine and the Face of Australia remover was a gift from PR which I have since repurchased. All other items were paid for by me, and I was not compensated for these mini reviews by anyone :)

8 comments:

  1. That's a lot of products you've used! Well done :)
    I still have the Benefit BagGal mascara from the magazine, love it to bits :) Still getting the most out of it! Time to toss, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG YOU ARE OUT OF BASTISE! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!

    I hope you've got some more :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you got through a lot! I always want to do one of these posts but never seem to use up enough :/. Batiste will always be a HG product for me, works wonders if you have a full fringe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's so amazing that you finished all those products. I barely finish anything. Ever. Bad blogger!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thosw Swisspers wipes suck so bad!!! Ugh, worst makeup wipes ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Su Thanks, I didn't think I'd finished many but it turns out it wasn't a bad effort after all. I really liked using Bad Gal!

    @Haute_Style I know right, I went for my back up brown hair version and that is out too! I have some Cedel still kicking though, fear not!

    @Shanice I burn through a lot of shower goodies, it is the makeup I have trouble with! Batiste is the best for fringes!

    @Clare Thanks Clare! I use a lot of wipes haha

    @Angela They are the worst I've ever used, so so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh I'm using up a pack of those Swisspers wipes right now, and they suck. They don't remove anything. I just assumed it was because the liquid is all at the bottom of the packet so the ones on top are dry (and despite me constantly flipping the pack over, my mum comes and flips it right side up again) but now I think they're just shite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jerry They are really papery too, so dry and scratchy. And how come mothers have a tendency to mess around with bathroom stuff? Mine does that too;P

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...