Tuesday, May 29, 2012

YSL Rose Bergamasque - #6 Rouge Pur Couture - swatches, photos, review

  
I have to give credit for my recent YSL obsession to Jessica, who never fails to entice me into a new purchase with each blog post and video. She mentioned this particular shade here and wore it here, and as usual I was unable to hold back from the purchase.
YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #6 Rose Bergamasque is a stunning glossy creamy nude with peachy pink tones that is perfect for me as an everyday lip colour.


Rose Bergamasque is number 6 in the Rouge Pur Couture range, which I find to have less slip than the Rouge Volupte counterparts. I find this easier to apply than my other YSL lipsticks, and it feels the most comfortable on the lips as well.



It is the little touches on YSL products that make their price tag justifiable for me. The YSL engraved onto the inside of the bullet is a luxurious touch, and the solid snap that the lid makes upon closure means I am not afraid of this being ruined in my handbag throughout the day.


Despite loving the formula of these Rouge Pur Couture's more than the other YSL formulations, I find the packaging of them the least appealing. While I still find them solid and beautiful, I adore the rounded style of the Rouge Volupte's much more, and it may sound petty but having to match up the YSL logo when replacing the cap drives me batty sometimes!


Swatch!


So much beauty, I really cannot stop swooning.


I thought I would show you a swatch of Rose Bergamasque next to my other favourite YSL lipstick, which is 01 Nude Beige from the Rouge Volupte line. You can see that the Rouge Volupte is creamier and less peachy than Rose Bergamasque, and I think that is what makes a touch harder to wear than the Rouge Pur Couture shade. For the record, I am a fair-bear and wear shade NC15 in MAC, 51 in Bourjois etc so keep that in mind when I mention how much this shade suits me. Having said that, I can see this working beautifully on darker skin tones as well!



*


This picture makes Rose Bergamasque appear a tiny bit peachier than it looks in real life, but it is pretty accurate otherwise.


*


I really like the way Rose Bergamasque feels and looks on me, and despite the higher price tag it is something I would repurchase. I love YSL as a brand and I find that the products are high quality (from the things I've tried) and worth the price tag.

YSL Rouge Pur Couture's retail for $50 AUD and are available from Myer, David Jones and anywhere else you find a YSL counter.

This product was purchased by me and I am in no way affiliated with the YSL brand, though I would love to be ;P





17 comments:

  1. such a beautiful colour
    I wish ysl wasn't so expensive I would love to buy this lipstick.
    good blog post
    please check out my blog
    http://msbeautyconfessions.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @msbeautyconfessions yeah YSL is an investment, it is worth it though and I get a lot of wear out of all of the products I've chosen so far!

      Delete
  2. I must buy a YSL Lipstick one day..... *looks off into the sunset*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jerry you really do! This colour is what I use when I use your super bright eye looks as inspiration and need a nude lip to go with it ;P

      Delete
  3. Jessica is the queen of lipstick (must catch up on her youtube vids)! Gorgeous lipstick for sure - I'm DESPERATE to buy one but still holding on to finish my lippy ban. Feels like I'm going to go on a binge at the end!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Vita She is the total queen of lipsticks, and I wanna cuddle her kitties! This is worthy of a splurge once your lippy ban is over, so wearable for work AND weekend! How could you not!?

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this is SO pretty! Want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really lovely shade on you, i quite like it

    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Vonnie thank you!It is one of my favourites,for sure!

      Delete
  6. Wow that colour is so nice, I've never taken an interest in the YSL lipsticks but have always found the packaging gorgeous! I think I'll have to check out the colours next time, this ones suits your skin tone so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @crosswire I don't think I would have bought it were it not for Jessica's post, she has an eye for flattering lippies! YSL lippies are so lovely, you should try out rouge volupte 27 it's Rose Paris I do believe, a gorgeous bright one!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. @Kimberley thank you! I'm finding it really easy to wear which is great. Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  8. Woah you paid $50 for that! I could never imagine paying that much for a lipstick, but then again the packaging is beautiful and the lipstick itself is also gorgeous! I want it so bad!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...