Saturday, September 1, 2012

Trialling This Week // Kerastase Nectar Thermique

I have decided to implement a new feature on 'emmabovarybeauty' entitled 'Trialling This Week'. Things like small sample sachets or tubes are hard to give a full review of, so this will see me tell you my first impressions of products and my general opinions about them.
 
First up is a haircare product, which for me is strange in itself as I am generally quite lazy about taking care of my locks. Washing and chucking it into a pony or a bun is normally as far as I get, but last week I had a revelation and decided to start caring about my hair.
 
I'll preface this by mentioning that I have super thick hair that is at that annoying midway point between straight and wavy, so that I always have to 'do' my hair and it looks crap naturally. I decided that I would put the effort in and straighten my hair, so after I washed it I threw a blob (yes, a blob) of the Kerastase Nectar Thermique through the mids to the ends of my hair. I combed it through, then sat down with my laptop and blogged away, letting it dry naturally because blow drying takes too long and hurts my arms.
 
Lazy, I told ya!
 
After my hair has air dried I turn on my straightener and section my hair roughly, into four around my head. I let loose with the straightener (am using a Vidal Sassoon right now, but lusting over a GHD) and let me tell you... Normally it takes forever to get my hair sitting nicely, but this speeds it up like nothing I've tried before. My hair is tamed quickly and I'm out the door, swishing my head around like I'm a supermodel.
 
A bit of a blurry picture, but even Chris complimented my hair that day!
Granted, my regrowth is ridic because my hairdresser has peer pressured me into going back to 'virgin hair' and the crown is frizzy and won't sit for some unknown reason, but this heat protectant with 'nourishing care' has my hair protected, soft and sleeker than it's been in a long time. I am a happy camper, and though I have a ton of hair stuff to use up I will be repurchasing this stuff.
 
*Cannot remember how I came to possess this sample, but since it is a sample I know I didn't pay for it so there you go! Honesty, always.
 


5 comments:

  1. I had a few samples of this kicking around too (I think from a Lust Have It box maybe?) and once I tried it out it was L-O-V-E too. I ordered a full sized version and now I use it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to do trialling posts Emma! My hair's completely the opposite to yours - straight and limp, and I have to wash (and style) it every day so it doesn't just hang like limp noodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww your hair looks so pretty here! I, too, am so lazy with my hair! In my mind I'm not being lazy, I'm avoiding using heat styling (riiight?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so smooth and sleek! Definitely worthy of praise ;) I'm the laziest person ever when it comes to my hair. Like, I barely bother with conditioner, sleep on it wet, and use dry shampoo every second day :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks great!! Oh man, I do NOT need another Kerastase product. Why do they always seem so good???

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...