Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Blush Haul


There is nothing like a little treat when you receive some great news, and a new pop of colour for my cheeks is the best treat I can think of don’t ya think? After a big ol’ thumbs up from my mentor teacher at the end of my placement, I succumbed to the lure of MAC, Dior, BYS and Models Prefer (and soon I will be making a Bourjois order!)
 
It is hard to pick the star of the show as I am head over heels for every one of these new blush additions, but a shout out must go to the amazing Dior Crème Blush in Bikini, which is an amazing new formula that the luxe brand have just released. I love the burnt coral shade, though I also have my eye on the bright pink shade from the release as well. I have a feeling that the 4 shades will somehow form a set in my makeup drawers soon, they are just too pretty to resist, though I do have my eye on the yet to be released Chanel cream blushes as well. Bourjois also have new cream blushes out, and now that they are up on Asos I am finding it very tempting indeed.

 
Coming into the ‘orange’ side of the spectrum is my pick from the MAC All About Orange collection, the powder blush in Honey Jasmine. I ordered this online as I had a free shipping code, and I was elated to discover how long lasting it is on my cheeks and how easy to wear the colour is for me. I was excited as Larie posted this while I was waiting for it to arrive- nothing better than a post reaffirming a purchase!

For the bargain price of $5 for the set, I threw the Models Prefer Blush set into my cart on my last trip to Priceline. For a lovely cream blush stick and a pigmented powder pan reminiscent of NYX blushes, this was a big score for me and I’m very happy that the cheap gamble paid off. I never understood the appeal of the Nars Mutiples, but if they are anything like the cream stick in this set I totally get it- heaven! As an aside, I’m also using a stick blush from Vapour Organic* which is really nice, but the photos of it have mysteriously disappeared from my laptop so I am on a hunt for those so I can share it with you all.


Last, but most definitely not least, was my amazing haul of ALL of the new blush trios from BYS. For $4.50 a pop I really couldn’t help myself, and since I bought them I’ve worn them almost every day. They are a lovely formula and quite pigmented, so I’ve been applying them with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I have a full post with swatches coming up, so you will see shade names and swatches there. For now, enjoy the below swatches of the rest of my haul!
So now that I have indulged in a bit of a blush frenzy, I’m happily using my new loot and patting myself on the back for completing my first placement. How do you treat yourself for a job well done?

*I treated myself to these with a mixture of gift cards (silver Myer, woohoo!) and my own moolah. Honesty, always!

31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. @Chloe_e It is such a unique shade in my collection, I adore it!

      Delete
  2. I super-love the Dior blush! I'm just waiting for a sunny day for photos, then it's going up on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sarah ah yes, sunny days are always hard to come by as soon as you get a new play thing!

      Delete
  3. I think I really must have one of those Dior cream blushes, but I can't decide on a shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Larie I really think you must, and I'm probably not that much help as I love all of the 4 shades! I think trying them on instore can really help, that is how I came to choose Bikini as my first one :)

      Delete
  4. AHHHHHH look at all the pretties!!!! Blush is the BEST present to yourself ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tracy haha I know right, I am so happy with every single one of them :) Blush is the best, full stop

      Delete
  5. Wow! That's a lot of blush! They're all lovely - I love the colors. I'd personally treat myself to some Sleek palettes, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ash Haha you should see my blush drawers, this is nothing! I have one sleek palette that sadly was semi-smashed in transit, so it has kinda put me off buying from them :(

      Delete
  6. DUDE EMMA. You don't mess around, lol.

    *dives into stash* Weeeeeeeeeeeeee~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Liz haha dude, what is the point of messing around, there is blush to be had!? ;P I know what you mean, I really went blush nuts this month but I live with no regrets *hugsnewpretties*

      Delete
  7. Wow! I lurvee blush and this is a feast for the eyes! Haha. I totally thought those blush trios were Sleek! I'll have to check out my local BYS stand! I got the Models blush duo too but for $4, can't remember if they were having a sale or what, but I'm very happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tashi Happy to chat with another blush lover, woohoo! The trios totally remind me of sleek as well, ripper from BYS and the formula is sooo good! I am tempted to get that blush set for Mumma Bovary as well but I'm afraid the pigmentation will be too full on for her to handle, lol

      Delete
  8. Wow those BYS cheek palettes look so good - they looked like Sleek until I read that they were BYS!
    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sarah I thought of Sleek straight away as well! I highly recommend these, they are ace

      Delete
  9. THIS IS MY KINDA HAUL!

    Mum bought that Models Prefer blush duo because she needed a new creme blush and gave me the powder one. They're great. Such a good deal.

    Those BYS blush trios look sooooo good! I waaaaaant! Can't wait for your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Angela the best kinda haul ;P *fist bump*
      I think you would love the crème blush too, pretty rad as a base for the powder (or any other blush of that tone really)

      You NEED to get those blush trios, okay?

      Delete
  10. So much blush is so happy making! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PHWOAR LOOK AT ALL THAT BLUSH P0RN. Me love! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Tine haha glad to be of service!! Happy that you love, and I adore seeing comments from you <3

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh, thank you SO much for this post! I absolutely love the look of the BYS blushes. I am a big fan of their old blushes so I am sure I will like these! I can't believe how cheap they are - were they on sale or is that the regular price? Can't wait for your review on them
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Candice aw no problem at all, really glad you liked it. The RRP on the press release is $6.95 I believe, but I purchased mine from a $2 store for $4.50 so I guess the price might float in between those two numbers? Either way I highly suggest picking them up, the formula is top notch in my opinion and colours are tooo good!

      Delete
  13. So many beautiful blushes in ONE POST... ahh! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Peta try being in my beauty room, I start hyperventilating each time I lay eyes on the new additions to the blush fam ;P

      Delete
  14. GASP. Totally drooling over your blush haul, lovely! I MUST get my hands on these BYS kits, I have three Sleek blushes/blush palettes winging their way over to me as I type this but the BYS ones are totally calling my name!

    I also stuck my finger in a Dior tester on the weekend and it was love at first swatch. If only they weren't so pricy...sigh, I'd have been tempted to buy all of them!

    I was also really tempted to get the Model's Prefer blush kit, it is so cute! Bit afraid it won't show up on my skintone though, what do you think? I went with the bronzer instead and have been very happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nalini you really need to try the BYS ones, they are soooo good <3 I was so close to buying all 4 I will be honest, but then I stepped back and decided just to get one.

      Delete
  15. Squee! Look at all that blush candy!!!! I love colourful posts like this - and it makes me want to add more bright blush pans to my collection too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...