Friday, November 15, 2013

Too Faced Summer Eyes 2013 Summer Sexy Shadow Collection

Warm weather is approaching down in my neck of the woods, and so it seems only right to bust out my Too Faced Summer Eyes palette to share with you all! I've had this for a little while now, and it was a bit of a hunt to get my hands on it, let me tell you now! I really liked the look of the palette when it first came out at Mecca Maxima + Kit Cosmetics, but the glitter in some of the shades paired with some weird colour choices (coral and pink anyone?) saw me walk out of the store empty handed (a true rarity!) Then I couldn't get the damn tin out of my head, so I marched into Kit to hand over the dosh. The dreaded words 'sold out' were uttered, a mad scramble ensued and I ended up buying it online for more than it was worth. Such is the life of a beauty addict, I suppose?
Housed in a tin much like my beloved Boudoir palette, this brightly coloured tin is covered in florals and just screams summer to me. Even the box looks as though it is underwater, it really it quite cool. I prefer the tin style to the boxes as they are nice and sturdy and more slimline for my drawers, so I was happy to bring a second Too Faced tin into my world.
A mix of pretty wearable colours and some fun (read: kind of weird) ones makes this a very unique palette in my overflowing collection, and I have to admit that my favourites from the bunch are definitely the rich chocolately shades sitting on the right hand side of the palette.
Toasted Coconut + Mermaid are probably what suckered me into buying this most, though I do quite like Cocoa Beach + Chocolate Sun. Something about Peach Fuzz + Sunbeam puts me off (pretty sure it is the yellow tones in Sunbeam that aren't going to flatter me...) but overall I couldn't say no.
In terms of the theme of the Too Faced Summer Eyes palette, I can see what they were working with. Golden sun, sandy beaches, some creative licence with mermaids and coral and thus a feelin' hot hot hot palette was created.

I think I will actually get more wear from the pink Plumeria since I've swatched it, and of course the brown shades have me swooning. Mermaid swatches way darker than it appears in the palette to me, and even on the eye it is a pretty dark and moody sort of colour. I'm wearing it in my next face of the day, so keep your eyes peeled to see these shadows in action. I will have to play around with the three largest pans to see if I can make them work, I'm thinking they will be used over the top of other shadows to give some sparkle to it.

What summery named eye shadow would you create if given the chance?
I'm thinking I would create a nice champagne shade with an ice-cream themed name ;)

Emma @ emmabovarybeauty

12 comments:

  1. The packaging is adorable! I totally see why you got sucked back to getting the palette haha. The shades in this palette definitely screams summer and I like your idea of champagne and ice cream theme! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't is super cute?! I really couldn't help myself, it is so pretty and I love those chocolate shades

      Delete
  2. This is a palette that I have been eyeing quite a lot.. I have not picked it up cause the shadows remind me too much of shadows I have from before and cause its so darn expensive over here ;)
    It looks like a lovely palette but I have more and more started to stay away from eyeshadows, I have too much already and now that I don´t have much money the best thing I can do is to try and tell myself that "Anna, you don´t need more eye shadows" :D It´s darn hard though ;)

    I think Id name a shadow Mudcake, Chocolate Souffle or Strawberry or Mango Sorbet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too Faced can be a little pricy I agree, but I just can't say no! I am such a sucker for shadow palettes even though I own so many, I can't tear myself away! Mudcake sounds like it would be an amazing shadow!!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, so pretty! I'll have to check this one out in person I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty, and a weird mix of colours which I love :)

      Delete
  4. This palette looks really nice and even the bolder pink and blue colours are really wearable! I'd prbably create a matte nude, light brown colour and call it 'ice cream cones', haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brown on the far right of the last picture is drop dead gorgeous <3
    I wouldn't mind creating a rose-gold shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toasted Coconut is such a great shade! I would totally love a flattering rose gold shade, so pretty

      Delete
  6. Real 'pop' sort of colours and vibrant for the warmer months! If I could create a summer shade it would be a deep orange-gold called 'summer sunset'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very vibrant I just love the colours :) I love wearing orange and gold together, I rely on my Inglot shades for looks like that

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...