Monday, July 7, 2014

Hauling New Releases

There have been quite a few exciting new products released onto the Australian market in recent weeks, and the other day I popped a few of them into my basket in an attempt to update my makeup stash! Brands like essence and Face of Australia regularly have new collections to sift through, but this time Maybelline joined the folds with some very cool new products.
 
When Maybelline discontinued my beloved Dream Matte powder, I think I felt my heart break just that little bit. I still have some backups stashed away, but am saving them for desperate times so decided to grab a pan of the new Maybelline Matte Maker mattifying powder to see if it is of the same quality as the original. The packaging is similar to the Rimmel Stay Matte but with a screw top plastic lid, but I’m already missing the addition of the sturdy plastic and large mirror that Dream Matte had. Will keep you posted on this one…

 
I posted a snap of the essence Dark Romance collection on my Instagram here, and showed restraint in only buying 3 pieces from the new launch. I couldn’t walk away from the Velvet Mousse Blushes despite there not being a tester, and I was pleasantly surprised with how they felt and swatched once I got them home. There are two shades available- 01 Painted Love and 02 Red Romance. I am yet to try them on my cheeks but they are already better than some of the other limited edition essence products I’ve bought in the past! I also bought the eyeshadow quad in 01 Mystery Glam, which I was drawn to primarily because of the wine shade in the top left hand corner. I’ve used this quad once so far (sweeping the taupe shade across the lid and the blue through the crease) and I absolutely loved the quality of the shadows!




 
Another dark and mysterious collection has popped up in Priceline from the budget beauty brand Face of AustraliaThe Dark Side nail polishes! I had seen posts on this nail collection and love the idea of it all being based on popular villains, and I have to admit that I was tempted to buy almost every bottle on the shelf…but I managed to select two shades that I just couldn’t resist. Jafar is an oxblood red that is so on trend this winter, and Wicked Witch of the West is a dark green crème that I think is so pretty! It was the swatches on the FOA blog here that really suckered me into this collection – Michelle from CosmeticCupcake is one of my favourite nail bloggers and she showed off this wintery nail selection so very well.
 
I had heard about the Maybelline Pure Pigments briefly a few months ago, but hadn’t seen them around many blogs and so they slipped from my mind until I spotted a new section on the Maybelline shelf at Priceline. I chose the shade Downtown Brown which swatches so beautifully! There were some nice brights as well as easy to wear neutrals, but considering I hardly ever reach for my loose pigments I didn’t want to buy too many in case they went to waste. The last things I grabbed in my haul were lip products – the new Nivea Fruity Shine Peach lip balm (peach!) and my first Revlon Matte Balm in Showy (not shown because it was in my handbag!) I’ve been sorting through my makeup recently and the amount of crayons and lip balms I have in my stash is unbelievable, but I just can’t seem to stop myself!



 Have you hauled any new releases lately? International blogging friends, what do I have to look forward to?

Emma x

*All of these products were purchased by me! Honesty, always.

26 comments:

  1. I bought myself the Matte Maker powder too! I'm too scared to take it with me oversea, luckily I have a bit of Dream Matte Powder left as I feel the packaging is a bit more sturdy for travel. The mousse blushes look freaky! The more I look at the deep red one the more I think of it as beetroot dip lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to try it! I am taking one of my Dream Matte's on our honeymoon I've saved it especially for that haha. Now every time I look at that blush I'm going to think beetroot dip lmao I love that!

      Delete
  2. Woman, you are dangerous for my wallet, I tell ya. Didn't know that the Maybelline Pure Pigments are already on shelf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True danger bebbeh! I hadn't seen or heard a thing about them being released here yet so woohoo to that!

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul! I've never heard of the Matte Maker powder before, I thought they were going to replace the Dream Matte with the Dream Wonder powder that they brought out in the US and UK? The mousse blushes look so intriguing, the texture seems very unique! Ooh does the Peach lip balm have much colour to it?

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'd heard that the Dream Wonder powder was coming out, I wonder if they will make room for both for us? I will be grabbing a heap of matte powders on my next holiday for sure. I haven't used the Peach balm yet but I don't imagine it will have much colour, I mainly bought it for the scent lol

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to hear about the mattemaker - I love a matte look but the matte products out just aren't up to standard for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - apart from Dream Matte, a lot of supposedly 'matte' products are pretty dewy to me - still lovely, but not matte!

      Delete
  5. Great haul, Emma! Those essence blushes look AWESOME -- Red Romance reads as the perfect hot pink on your skin. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae! (was very excited to see a comment from you!) I was so pleased with how those blushes swatched, can't wait to get them onto my cheeks!

      Delete
  6. I was so tempted to pick up a Dark Side polish today but I resisted! Hmm Matte Maker? Sounds intriguing! And the Essence Collection looks so good *_* My wallet hurts.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many nice things out at the moment, temptation central!

      Delete
  7. I wish we had a wider range of color tattoos over here, we only have six shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we only have a few of the traditional tattoos, but the same number of these loose pigments now too! Every time I see a U.S blogger showing new Tattoo shades I feel so envious!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful products... the nail polishes look amazing :)
    Essence seem to be such a lovely brand and I really wish that we will get those Color Tattoo pigments to our stores here in Vasa soon :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna - I hope you get those pigments soon too!

      Delete
  9. Would love to know what you think of those crème blushers when you try them on for a day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely put them to the test and report back!

      Delete
  10. Keen to see how the Matte Maker powder works out! And the Color Tattoo pigments?! I need to find them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope Matte Maker is as good as the Dream Matte for my skin!

      Delete
  11. Oooh, so many new things! I can't wait to try those pigments from Maybelline, they sound fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could barely hold myself back when I saw how many new releases they had on shelf!

      Delete
  12. I'm very intrigued by the mousse blush!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I obviously need to revisit Priceline. It's been a good few weeks... I have been loving my balms this Winter, still on the look out for the cake batter smelling one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't last a few weeks between visits - good on you for self control! Cake Batter was so hard to find it was driving me crazy but now that I have it, I love it!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...