Monday, September 22, 2014

Bright Pink Drugstore Makeup Look ft. NYX and Maybelline

My penchant for Chanel blushes and big expensive eyeshadow palettes needs to ease up sometimes, and so in an attempt to 'get real' I grabbed some of my nicer drugstore products to give them a whirl. What eventuated was a nice and easy makeup look with my new NYX Matte Lipstick in Sweet Pink being the star of the show!
I wasn't thinking of a particular brand focus with this look, but Maybelline and NYX just naturally dominates for me (especially since they are the most affordable, particularly when Maybelline goes half off at Chemist Warehouse!) I've been using the Matte Maker powder* for a while now and I don't love it like I did the old Dream Matte, but it is a pretty decent powder (despite this funny incident)
I am a fan of liner lately, I was once too lazy to put any effort into that aspect of my makeup but now I realise how much fun it can be to play around with liquid options, different pencil shades and the placement on the eye, too. I'm completely enamoured by the NYX eyeliner in Silky Cashmere which I've been running along the length of my lower lash-line for some subtle and pretty definition. For this look I just smudged a bit into my outer third so it didn't compete with the Australis Curve Ink Eyeliner*.
I'll be honest and say that I had hoped the NYX matte lipstick in Sweet Pink was going to actually be matte, but it is more of a satin finish to me and doesn't hold a candle to my Bourjois Pink Pong or my Nars Carthage (which I still can't find and plan on repurchasing in America) I find brighter pinks like this much easier to wear than pastel shades or red lipsticks, so the purchase was still a good one for me (especially since it was 30% off as seen in my August haul)
I'm currently obsessed with scouring the Sephora website looking for nice things to swatch when I first visit in November - any tips on skincare, eyeliners and blushes I should try?
Emma x

15 comments:

  1. Such a bright pretty pink on you Emma! You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy - it was definitely the shade that jumped out at me the most!

      Delete
  2. looking lovely :) I love playing around with my drugstore brands especially essence & maybelline :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love essence as a brand so much, a great range especially with all of the limited edition goodies to choose from

      Delete
  3. You look lovely Emma, the palette looks gorgeous. Sephora has a Draw the Line value set out at the moment which is for 30 dollars, I have been really lemming for that ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saumya - I love those sets that Sephora tend to do, they look like such great value!

      Delete
  4. definitely check out the Tarte amazonian clay blushes, and the fresh tinted lip conditioners. two absolute STAPLES of my makeup collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO obsessed with the Tarte blushes, they are my very favourite :) I can't wait to get one of those lip balms too, everyone seems to love them so much!

      Delete
  5. I would say maybe Marc Jacobs! I don't love the entire line and am not really a fan of the fashion, but the eye shadow palettes are quite nice, in my opinion, and have some interesting color combinations! Also, the MUFE cream blushes are kind of fantastic. Definitely swatch those! And all of the holiday sets will be out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eye on maybe the Lolita palette, and I think I want to pick up one of the MJ blushes too as they look quite nice!

      Since seeing Tracy rave about those MUFE blushes I am definitely going to get one - I just realised that you are totally right about the holiday sets, how exciting!!

      Delete
  6. That liner and lip colour are perfection together! It's true, we can totally get away with good drugstore options. We just don't always want to, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So in love with the eyeliner, it is flipping brilliant!

      Delete
  7. Love the look! The pink lipstick is soooo fabulous! I've been wearing more pinks and reds on the lips and I find them also so pretty whatever the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharlynn, I've been wearing pink so much lately I need to show other lip shades some love!

      Delete
  8. You look as beautiful as ever :)
    That lipstick is amazing and I love the eye makeup :)
    wonderful look :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...