1. Australis Glitter Top Coat in EurekaI find it quite hard to wear a straight up metallic gold against my pale skin, so a nice top coat like this is the perfect way to inject a bit of my favourite festive metal into my nail look. I have gold tinsel on my tree each year and a stack of golden ornaments about the house, so I like that this ties into my overall Christmas theme!
2. Australis Metallic Edition in Red Hot Chilli Pepper* from the AC loves Me CollectionFirst of all, awesome shade name from the stars that keep the Priceline shelves full of on-trend and affordable beauty products! This rich dark metallic red is that classic Christmas colour that my polish collection was surprisingly lacking, and one that I think will be very popular for the Aussie brand.
3. Essie Hors d’Oeuvres from the Encrusted Collection*Yet another mention for my current polish shade, the stunning chunky glitter that is my favourite Essie glitter to date. The fact that this shade manages to lean cool and warm at the same time is brilliant, but my frustration at not being able to accurately capture the shade on camera is driving me crazy! Trust me though; it is stunning on the nail and something that I think I will get a lot of wear from.
4. OPI Christmas Gone PlaidGwen Stefani has teamed up with OPI once again around the holiday season and as soon as I saw this dark forest green in a magazine, I knew I had to have it. I’m not one to buy polish all the time but after a few free drinks in Vegas, Mister and I visited the apothecary there and I took this baby straight to the counter. Stunning, I’m in love.
5. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Snow Globe*
A gorgeous nail topper filled with various holographic flaky hexes and glitters – if there ever was a time to wear a sparkly stunner like this, Christmas certainly fits the bill! I believe this one was a limited edition around the spring carnival season here in Australia, but I saw it on the shelves during the week so if you’re interested in rocking this on Christmas Day you should be able to get your hands on a bottle.
Do you dress up for Christmas Day, or is it a totally casual affair? Have you chosen your nail shade yet?
*Provided for consideration. Honesty, always.