Although not technically tagged for this beauty scenario tag, I’ve been reading quite a few of the responses from other bloggers lately and Larie’s post in particular spurred me to jot down what I’d do if these crazy situations ever happened…
1. You have to get rid of all of your foundations and only keep one high-end and one drugstore; which do you keep?
I was shocked when I realised that I don’t really dabble in high-end foundations or bases…what kind of beauty blogger am I?! I think Illamasqua Skin Base is as high-end as I’ve ever fallen for (I like YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat but it’s a bit too glowy for my skin) My drugstore option would either be Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Foundation or Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3in1 Foundation. Actually now that I’ve thought about it, I’d rather just keep those two drugstore options instead!
2. You go for an interview, and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
I think I’d gauge the situation and the individual before making this decision – I’m often the one running after people who’ve left the bathroom with their skirt tucked up to let them know, but other times I feel too intimidated to mention little things like lipstick on teeth. I always let my friends know though, so there’s a plus for me ;)
3. You're not feeling yourself and need a pick-me-up lipstick. Which do you go for?
I think right now I’d probably go for my Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil ‘Fab Orange’ as it’s my current obsession, but more often than not I’ll play around with my eyeshadow to perk myself up before I reach for a lipstick.
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years; how would you do your hair or makeup differently?
I never wore makeup throughout high school, apart from the occasional foray into a smudge of black liner on my upper lash line. I had great skin until I went to uni (ironic, dontcha think?) so I never really felt the need to wear anything – I do wish I’d worn mascara more often, and taken advantage of clear skin with long lashes for a prettier look. Hair wise, I’ve never really been into it and not much has changed!
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott haircut but they hear wrong and give you a pixie cut - what would you do?
A) Smile, say thank you, call your mum and cry hysterically
B) Cry in the chair and things get awkward
C) Complain to the manager and demand a refund
Real talk – I would have lost my bananas!! I did have an unfortunate too-short haircut around year 8, but I brought a picture into the salon and all so I am totally to blame for that mess. Round faces with chubby cheeks like mine often don’t suit short hair – mine definitely doesn’t!
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4-day city break and you have one hour to pack. Which 'Do it all' palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
What an awesome friend – bit late notice though missy! I’d probably forgo a whole face palette and just stick a thin shadow palette and a Chanel blush into my bag rather than going for something like the LauraMercier Lingerie Palette…though it might be nice to push myself out of my comfort zone and get more use from that!
7. Your house has been robbed. Don't worry, everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What's the product you really hope is safe?
My Chanel Joues Contraste blush stash better be unharmed or so help me…that collection is a true labour of love!
8. Your friend borrows makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you:
A) Pretend you haven't noticed
B) Ask them to re-purchase it
C) Secretly do it back to their makeup
I give away makeup more regularly than I lend it out, though I do let people use stuff at my house if they’d like to (or I’ll do their makeup for them more often than not!) I would
I don’t think I have any friends who’d do something like that, especially the ones that know me and my beauty obsession well, but it does irk me when people swatch my makeup before I’ve taken pictures of it! #beautybloggerproblems
I love the way that random tags force you to think about things in a different way, crazy as the questions may be. I have a newfound protective spirit over my Chanel JC’s and an appreciation for great drugstore makeup bases now!