Tuesday, May 10, 2011

POTICHE-Trophy Wife

I was lucky enough to win tickets to see the new French film 'Potiche' at the Kino on Collins,after entering a competition over at Mia Freedman's MamaMia. I took my best girlfriend Candice along with me, and we both thought it to be a great film! (Be warned, some slight plot spoilers follow)
Set in 1977 and directed by Francois Ozon, the film follows a 'trophy wife'(the stunning Catherine Deneuve) as she takes over her husbands factory when he falls ill (after being attacked by his workers) A despisable character, her husband (Fabrice Luchini) is angered by her success and happiness in her new role, and her ex-lover also makes an appearance to spice up the plot. Played by the ever-present Gerard Depardieu, his character is one of the most riveting in the film, as is the husband's mistress (Karin Viard) This film made me reflect on the gender roles that play in relationships, as well as how beautiful I find the French language.

I highly recommend this film, it is something I would watch over again and enjoy even more the second time around. Thanks to MamaMia for the free night out, was much appreciated!
emmabovary xx


2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! And I'm with you - the French language (and the accent that goes with it) is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so much! French films are the best, and this one was a good laugh,too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...