Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Korres Jasmine Lip Butter-Review and Swatches

You know those products that you hear so much about but end up a disappointment after the hype dies down? Not so with this baby! I have fallen madly in love with the Korres lip butter, and I let out a sigh every time it's smushy goodness hits my lips. Establised in Greece in 1996, the Korres brand is available through kit cosmetics and mecca cosmetica/maxima in Australia.
 The sturdy plastic pot of this lip butter has survived a drop on my bathroom floor, and because I have only used clean fingers when applying I have no fear of any pot-gloss related nasties forming. The lid for this shade is a pale dusty pink colour that I think is very attractive, and is a twist open style. It is lightweight because it is plastic, but I still find it a hardy enough design that is perfect for the thick formulation contained within.
The top has the brand name and shade in both Greek and English. This lip butter is marketed on the Korres website as:

As you can see in the above image, these lip butters are not clear but have a hint of tint to them. I found it so hard to get a good lip shot of this, so I am sad to say that I do not have one to share with you. I can tell you that Jasmine applies as a pale milky pink tint, a finish which I am generally not a fan of. To counter the milky nature of the shade, I run my finger over my lips once more after applying to really push the product in, and then I am left with a pleasant shade which looks like MLBB (my lips but better) You can see above how thick this baby is, and it really does melt into the lips with no effort whatsoever. With most lip products I own require warming up at time (cold mornings etc) but this never needs it.
What a beauty! Needless to say, the dip in the pot grows more and more every single day. I use it at the beginning of my morning routine to give it a chance to sink in, and I love that it's a little dose of aromatherapy every single time. I use it before bed also, and always wake up with soft and nourished lips in the morning. The Korres lip butter is petrolatum free and you can really feel the softness of the shea butter when using it.
A swatch of the Jasmine shade- please note, you shouldn't misjudge the softness of this and stick your clumsy fingers deep into it like I did. For $18.95 you get a little pot full of luxury for your lips, and I will be running back to Korres for another Jasmine or two when this runs out.
Have you tried the beautiful Korres lip butters?
What are your holy grail lip products?
emmabovary xx

13 comments:

  1. Wow, I think I really need this! I like the soft peachy pink tint to it! I can justify the price too :) Great review! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty colour. I'm tempted to pick this up now...I'm on the hunt on lip products that will give me gorgeous lips that aren't flaking off like they are bout to fall off my face... no matter how much water I drink and how much lip balm I put on, it seems the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Su It's so beautiful in person, I think you need this too. x

    @Celeste The pretty pink attracted me straight away, more than any of the others. My lips get really flaky too and this is the best thing to calm them I've found. I was slack with water last week and they hurt so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I've been wanting to get the Jasmine one. I have the strawberry and guava at the moment and love them both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahalya, the strawberry would be nice! The Jasmine one is really incredible, I'd love to see you compare it to the ones you already have

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I had no idea we could get Korres in Australia, this sounds wonderful. I'm always on the look out for good quality lip products since I have the most dry and flaky lips ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my eye on this one for a while. May have to pick one up now that the Sephora sale is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The smell was nice :) I had a reaction to this, but I loved the smell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Megan yeah it's supposedly been available for a while down under, I only just found it though:)

    @VijiiS take advantage! It's also on sale on ASOS if you're interested :)

    @Larie that's no good! So frustrating when you can't use something that smells so good

    ReplyDelete
  10. Their lip butters are my favorite. I love how they feel on my lips and how luxurious the scents are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @RainyDaysandLattes I am so glad to have discovered these, and the scents are so different to anything I've ever smelt, they are divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to try Jasmine- I adore the Korres Mango lip butter

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen, Jasmine is a really beautiful choice, I'd say go for it! I love your review on the Mango one, it looks great on you x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...