Thursday, October 4, 2012

Laura Mercier Cheek & Eye Palette // Swatches, Photo, Review

I don't know about you, but I often go through stages where makeup releases aren't tempting me and I'm just wearing the same look all the time. Then something comes along that sweeps me off my feet and gets my heart racing...
 The new Laura Mercier Cheek and Eye palette from the Lingerie collection had me hook line and sinker from the moment I saw swatches online. I ran out that weekend to a Laura Mercier counter and was so enthralled with it that Chris eyed me strangely before prying the palette from my fingers and putting through the purchase.
The cheek and eye palette has some nice neutral shades along with some purple shades to play around with. I like that they have included a matte pink toned shade to blend out, and a mid-tone brown that can be used all over or to define the crease. I've used the eye colours more than the cheek colours at this point, but I love having them all together like this.
The most amazing colour from this palette is African Violet, it is shimmery as all hell which I love, but on the eye it's grown up shimmer and just looks divine. I've been wearing it all over the lid with Black Plum smoked out on the outer third and I feel like a hottie every time I have it on. Black Plum has given me my first perfect smokey eye, it blends like a dream and I barely have to work to make it look amazing every time. These shadows are such great quality, I'm really happy with them.
Full sunlight.
 Window light.
 
I am head over heels for Laura Mercier as a brand and have dropped more cash there lately than I'd care to think about, but it is okay because it is all in the name of love and beauty.
 
The limited edition Laura Mercier palette retails for $60 AUD and is available from Myer + David Jones. I believe the colours in this palette are also available individually instore-hooray!
 
What have you tried from Laura Mercier?
Which shadows stand out most from this palette?
Are you in love with a brand?
 
*Chris bought this for me, and so this post is not affiliated with the brand. Honesty, always.

19 comments:

  1. Lovely looking palette! Such nice shades, something to keep neutrals interesting :) love the size of the eye shadows, they look big compared to most palettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Su it really is a beauty :) I think it's very wearable but I agree, it's nice to have fun shadows to spice it up a bit! The pans are really big, I have a feeling I will one day hit pan on African Violet no matter what but it is nice to know it would take a while ;P

      Delete
  2. Aww this looks amazing! Is it a good size? I thought it would be more than $60! I might have to check this baby out.

    What a nice boyfriend you have ;)

    Hannah xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Hannah It's really large! Not like, not able to travel with large, but very generous pans and nice flat layout. I couldn't believe how cheap it was considering the size and quality. They also have a new $85 set out right now which has mini mascara, lip glace, primer, shadow and blush set etc so the good value just keeps coming with these guys! Chris is a bit of a winner, he likes buying me beauty goodies coz it makes me happy :) xo

      Delete
  3. Such gorgeous and wearable colours! This is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jasmine Gala They really are very wearable, there are a lot of looks you can come up with from just this palette. :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this palette. So gorgeous and easy to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look pretty, but African Violet... omg!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love palettes and this Laura Mercier one is a really pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the African Violet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the shade African Violet and rich cocoa n African Violet is totally gorgeous ..could you pls do an EOTD with African Violet. I have not tried any Laura Mercier products ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. African Violet and Black Plum are soooo pretty, actually the whole palette is and now you have me lusting after it!

    LOL...great review, thanks. I don't think I have any Laura Mercier products, might be time to remedy that. :)

    Chris sounds like an absolute darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I bought this one for my daughter and it's one of her faves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought this at the start of the year and it's so gorgeous. I don't use it as much as I should

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe how affordable this palette was when I saw it - it was an absolute no-brainer purchase for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a palette I would get great use out of. I love the shade African Violet so much, what a unique colour!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're certainly adding to the things I need in my life! lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...