Monday, March 11, 2013

February Collective Haul

Celebrating a ‘last hurrah’ of sorts, sharing some of the products I indulged in during February. March saw me begin my post graduate diploma at university, and subsequently the bulk of my spending money has been put to textbooks and a stack of new stationary to keep me on track.
Though I’ve heard negative reviews of Strawberrynet and their policies, the lure of finally getting my hands on a Jouer item was too tempting. A ‘saved search’ within my ebay account, it was Ingrid from Miss Glamorazzi that had me hooked on getting their powder blush in ‘Blossom’.  I have previously bought a YSL Crème de blush from SNet before and so when I saw #6 Rouge Passion was available, in the cart it went. The formula of theses is literally the best I’ve ever used. The CK shadow was a GWP and I chose a light neutral, as you can never have too many of those.
I am big fan of the Girlz Only dry shampoo which is available at Target for $2 per can, and when I spotted one for deep brown hair I knew that I needed to try it out. I am still using the original formula, but when I get around to trying this I will let you know how it goes. When Big W had their cosmetics sale, I popped a couple of the Maybelline City Rescue Total Clean Eye & Lip Makeup Removers to try out, and one to give to my bestie to try. Quite happy with how it is performing thus far!
There isn’t much better than receiving samples from high end beauty counters, so when my local YSL lady showed me the new Rouge Volupte Shine sample blister packs, I was over the moon. I have my eye on the shade Nude in Private but have held of purchasing until the weather cools down and I can bring out my lipsticks again. The beautiful Ulta3 set was a wonderful pharmacy find, and I’m excited to bust out the bright shades soon.
My love for Chanel Joues Contraste blushes seems to be growing, and I added the limited edition 76 Frivole to my collection at the beginning of February. A beautiful light apricot shade, this contrasts heavily with the bright Pink Explosion which was my first Chanel blush shade. I have only used this a handful of times, but am very glad to have it in my blush drawer.
Despite earlier mentioning holding off on lipstick purchases until the weather becomes bearable again, here I present my Maybelline Vivid collection (along with a cheeky Sportsgirl sale lipstick) I chose Neon Red, Vivid Mandarin and Hot Plum as they were shades I think I will get the most use from during the cold and grey winter months (which is when I like to wear bright lips most!)
Clockwise from bottom left: MAC Gentle, Chanel Frivole, YSL Rouge Passion, Jouer Blossom, MAC Poised
Just to further highlight my blush madness, I threw the new cheek shades of mine into a single shot, purely for swooning purposes. The bottom MAC shades were from this MAC haul, which I shared with you last week.
So there you have it, the stack of beauties I added to my cosmetic collection during February. Have you bought anything nice lately?

 

12 comments:

  1. I have been thinking a lot about the Maybelline Vivid lipsticks. I'm sure they would somehow make their way into my collection - soon. Especially this one that Vita has. I think it's fuchsia? And hello...blush fiend! More blush??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Norlin I think you should try one, so many of the shades would work on you. Hot Plum would look amazing!! I am such a blush fiend, sigh.

      Delete
  2. fantastic haul! some very luxe products there ;)

    sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @sarah jane Thanks, yeah I picked up some pretty luxe things without realising it, very happy to have some new excitement spicing up my collection.

      Delete
  3. The Jouer tinted moisturiser I've had my beady little eyes on, looking forward to a review of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Maria K I've seen a few reviews of that and it sounds really good. Wish we had better access to the brand here!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful eye candy you have there Emma! I always love a good haul post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Vita Thank you, I love reading haul posts as well.

      Delete
  5. I've seen quite a few of the Ulta3 nail polish sets & I really want one or two :)
    great haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sammi Darling For the price of them it is well worth picking them up, the boxes are so darn cute!

      Delete
  6. Bit envious of your new blushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dustyn haha yeah I am pretty much in love with the new additions to the blush drawer

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...