Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Makeup Bag

Over the weekend we took Charlie away for a little holiday at the beach house, after his photoshoot which we won from Max and Molly (pet division of StudioMax) Here's a peek at the products that I packed for the 4 days.
Forget low key makeup for a relaxing weekend - I prefer to use time away from home to play around with different looks and I tend to bring along products that are exciting to me. My base was the usual Covergirl Outlast Foundation and MAC MSFN (still not 100% in love, but happy to use it up) I brought my essence Metal Glam highlighter in Gold Digger because it's actually really impressing me right now and I quite like a strong highlight when we go out for dinner. As an aside, I can vouch for Paul Loueys Chinese restaurant for some yummy food (probably quite Western but so am I!)
Lip options were all glossy with my new essence goodies being quite prominent, as was Dior naturally. Only two blushes made the cut (that was me showing control, you see?) with Hourglass Ambient Blush in Radiant Magenta and Tarte Exposed being tossed into my makeup bag.
I stuck with two eyeshadow palettes with my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and the new arrival, Wet & Wild's Comfort Zone palette which I just nabbed off eBay. Only one mascara came with me, the Revlon Lash Potion which I am still really enjoying.
I actually ended up using pretty much everything that I brought along with me, which for me is the sign of successful packing!

Are you a chronic over-packer, or are you talented at narrowing your needs down?

Emma @ emmabovarybeauty

11 comments:

  1. Wow you did well! I tend to over pack 'just in case' which is silly because I hardly wear make up when we go away lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I tend to mix up my looks a lot while I'm away so I'm surprised I didn't overpack this time ;P

      Delete
  2. Wow those are a lot of lip products! I thought I was the only one who went lip product crazy when going overnight/on a trip. Haha. Those blushes look super gorgeous. And I really need to check out the new Essence items.

    Sheri
    Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always have a good stash of lip products on hand, beauty lover necessity ;P

      Delete
  3. This is pared down, I always pack too much, especially eyeshadows! I might have to get that hourglass blush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I did pretty well this time around, two palettes is pretty restrained for me! :)

      Delete
  4. Loved the post and your picks. I have never used Essence lip glosses, do you recommend them? I am interested in the coral one with the black lid ..Its good that you took a lot of makeup and ended up using it too :) I wanna pick the Went n Wild Comfort Zone too ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saumya :) I really like the essence glosses, I have too many of them right now haha. I actually wore the gloss you mention in a post upcoming, keep your eyes peeled!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful products sweetie :)
    That Chocolate Bar palette is really lovely.... now I have five MUST HAVE palette on my list :)
    All of the palettes come from brands that we do not have here in Finland so I guess that is a good thing for my wallet ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna :D Your palette wishlist is growing and I feel partly to blame, lol

      Delete
  6. Maybelline's erase dark circles is my #1. Nothing compares <3

    Miss you Em.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...