Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Decoy Purchase

At first I though I might be lemming the new Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Canaille because I haven't had a good shopping fix in a while. The colour is still quite scary in the pan but seeing it on Jessica from Jemorjerrica on YouTube made me want it even more. I decided to find an affordable lemming to test my crave to shop, and picked up the gorgeous NYX Paris in Love palette in Je ne sais quoi.
Mister Bovary bought me the Madeleine's and Macarons palette from the same line up for Christmas and I've been loving it lately, so I spent quite a while swatching all of the Paris in Love testers and thinking about not only what was pretty, but which one contained colours I could wear on a day-to-day basis. I thought I had curbed my shopping urge but then passed by my local Inglot, where I proceeded to swatch all of the blush pans that vaguely resembled Canaille. I almost caved in, but then common sense took over and I saw that it was a sign that my lemming for Canaille was still strong (and a little bit sad when you think about it)

As I write this I'm sitting having a coffee and doing some wedding planning, but my mind keeps drifting back to the Chanel counter. If I'm honest, it's not often that I put a strenuous amount of thought into a makeup purchase, so I'm finding this quite strange. Perhaps this is the poignant moment in my life where my makeup buying habits are changing, or maybe I'm spending too long thinking about a blush.

Emma x

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, you do have a bit of an obsession with blush. Luckily for me, you do all the hard work and I get inspiration from your blush purchases.... so continue to buy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice little palette! I have a similar one from NYX that seem to contain a similar colour scheme, perhaps even the same shades haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may well be the same shades, a few of the Love in Paris palettes do look quite similar actually.

      Delete
  3. I do go through obsessions over certain items, then I find something else to focus on! I saw that video with Canaille and did consider it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm still focused on Canaille, did you watch Jessica's Get ready with me video where she uses it? So pretty!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...