Monday, August 4, 2014

Bought in July

Keeping track of my purchases has been so helpful towards the wedding budget, let me tell you! I am looking forward to checking out a whole heap of gorgeous things after the wedding (see wishlist here!) but for now I’m showing restraint and settling for swatching all the new things in Myer rather than taking them all home with me!
 

I recently had the worst hair trim of my life (how you stuff that up I don’t know?) but I needed a nice conditioner to tide me over until I can get my next haircut. The pink packaging was probably the catalyst for choosing this Palmolive conditioner (the Intensive Moisture Conditioner for Dry Hair) I had seen the Face of Australia Cleansing Oil around on social media and blogs, and even though mineral oil is the main ingredient and I’m nervous about using it, I was too intrigued to pass up an opportunity to try it out for myself.

Some supermarket goodies that I wanted to include was the new Palmolive Fig and Coconut Hand Sanitiser (just realised that I bought two Palmolive products in a month, I don’t think I’ve ever used their stuff before!) and a travel can of the Rexona for men deodorant.

Seeing Models Prefer come out with new products always makes me excited, and when it’s a blush? Stop the press! I bought only one shade of the new Stick Blush, in the shade Love which is the brightest one and looks matte in the tube, but actually has some kinda chunky glitter hidden in there. I also bought the Rimmel Blush in Tuscany after seeing that it was half price – as if I need any more neutral blushes!

Speaking of things I don’t need more of…pink lip products!
I knew I had to pick up one of the new L’Oreal Extraordinaire lip products and the shade Fuschia Drama called out to me the most. I also added my first Revlon Matte Balm into my collection with the bright pink shade Showy – I’m still trying to get the hang of this and think my lips need TLC before I try it out again.

The Models Prefer Nude Eyeshadow palette has 10 shades and I’ve not had another powder shadow on my lids since I bought it. Some of the shades need improvement, but most are above what I expected for a mere $12.99 so I’m all aboard this train! I prefer these shades much more than those in the darker palette (which has a grey/black/blue kind of vibe instead) Most of the time I’ve been wearing the Australis Cray for Colour Eye Stick in Soiling the Fun underneath those, but for the past few days I’ve been all about wearing it by itself with a good swipe of chocolate liner and a neutral blush. It’s seriously good stuff and the colour is amazing, but without a primer it does crease on me quite quickly so be sure to prime the lids, ladies!

Mister Bovary and I went out tie shopping at Uni Hill Brand Junction over the weekend (the joys of wedding planning, amiright?) and I didn’t need an excuse to pop into the cosmetics discount store there. I picked up the essence coral camo blush in 01 Ap-ri©ot from the Be Loud collection, along with the eyeshadow duo in 03 Rock the Block.

Have you picked up anything nice this month?
Are you impressed that none of the products I bought were high end? I am!
Emma x
 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen those Essence items before - I MUST GET THEM. Dang your post is not good for my wallet haha! That Models Prefer eyeshadow palette looks exactly like a NYX palette!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are an older release, I've seen them on ebay for quite a while now! It does look like a NYX palette actually, I hadn't seen the resemblance before!

      Delete
  2. Great purchases! The Palmolive hand san looks so adorably tiny! The MP cream blushes look really good actually. Do you find the chunky glitter very obvious, or annoying?

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the sanitizer is same size as a BBW one/handbag sized plain brand one. I find that if you buff the glitter off of the cheek the glitter isn't too bad

      Delete
  3. you have some lovely products out there and good on you for keeping it to drugstore :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saumya - was definitely better for my purse that way!

      Delete
  4. I love the Pamolive conditioner! In comparison to some really high end conditioners I have tried, this one always comes out on top for leaving my hair silky smooth :)

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4577661

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad to hear this - now I am excited to try it out!

      Delete
  5. That Models Prefer palette looks an awful lot like the NYX Champagne and Caviar palette, which I absolutely adore! I've added it to my to-buy list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh the name of that palette sounds so nice - I have one big NYX palette and I guess the quality of this is quite similar, too!

      Delete
  6. ooh- so many new-to-me products :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...