Friday, August 14, 2015

Current Blush Rotation

As a self-proclaimed blush fiend I have my fair share of cheek colours, but lately I seem to be rotating the same handful of shades and formulas leaving all others by the wayside. Soon I will attempt to branch out into my collection (perhaps a blush challenge is in order?) but for now, these are the blushes that have been gracing my cheeks.

TOP: Alezane, Golden Sun
BOTTOM: Jersey, In Love

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blushes in:
260 Alezane
280 Golden Sun
80 Jersey
55 In Love

The Chanel powder blush formula is easily my favourite on the market, and I can even say that Chanel blushes are my favourite beauty product - period! Nothing gives me a thrill quite like adding a new shade to my collection and I've been using my very favourite Jersey (a neutral) as well the coral In Love that Mister bought me for Christmas. Recent additions to the mix are the new Fall 2015 shades which deserve their own post, the shimmery Alezane and Golden Sun. They are so easy to apply, the rose scent is addictive and I highly recommend trying them out if you are a sucker for blushes like I am.
Max Factor Crème Puff Blush in 10 Nude Mauve
Physician's Formula Argan Wear Ultra-Nourishing Argan Oil Blush in Rose

I was apprehensive about these two initially as drugstore blushes find it hard to compete with the likes of Chanel and co, but lo and behold these two hold their own and I'm proud to say I'm a big fan of them. Nude Mauve is my perfect work shade and it brightens my face up with ease, and Rose steps up to the plate when I'm craving a pretty flush of pink for something different.
As you can see, neutral and nude blushes practically rule my makeup life right now! I think I need to dive into my blush drawer and sift through some pans to make room for these new Chanel beauties, but as a blush fiend a clean out is such a hard thing to do...
 
What shades are in your current blush rotation?
What is the best drugstore blush, and which is the best high end you've tried?
-Emma

13 comments:

  1. Love the look of Jersey and In love, they don't have any shimmers right ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great shades - they do have very fine shimmer in them, but don't emphasise pores and I wouldn't classify them as a shimmery blush :)

      Delete
  2. You have the most amazing blushes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My favourite part of my makeup collection for sure!

      Delete
  3. Mmmmmmm very nice Chanel blushes!! I'm loving the Dandelion blush from Benefit at the moment.

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - they are my fave! I haven't used my Benefit blushes in ages, should take them out for a whirl again!

      Delete
  4. Love this post! Thanks for the reminder that I should give my Chanel JCs more love. I like how we're both blush fiends but we don't seem to have overlapping colours! The PF blush looks lovely too but I am resisting for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! That is a really good point, I'm not sure we have any overlapping colours now that I think about it?!

      Delete
  5. Your blushers are beautiful Emma! :) I haven't tried any from Chanel before, but now I'm very tempted. The Physicians Formula Blush is stunning! x.k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Chanel JC's are my kryptonite I swear!

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful selection of blushes Emma! Out of all my blushes I've sadly been rotating just TWO in the last week: Nyx Mosaic in Plummy, probably because I'm hooked on exposing even more bare pan at the bottom and MAC Blushbaby because it's become my quintessential winter blush pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks - I've heard great things about Blushbaby but am so focused on other brands that I haven't shopped at MAC in a long time!

      Delete
  7. Your Chanel blush collection always makes me froth! I regret not picking up Alezane so bad :c
    I'm currently falling back in love with my NARS Gilda blush

    chloé⎪ status.chlo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...