Sunday, July 8, 2012

June Empties

In June I really made an effort to try out some of the sample products I had lying around, and use up the half empty shower products that were wasting space. I am pleased with what I've used up, and will aim for even more in July!
Botanics of Australia Revitalising Body Cleanser with Lemon Aspen*
This was very different to the scents I normally have in in shower, it was a little too 'Australiana' smelling for me but I loved that it came out in pearlescent little squiggles!
Garnier Fructis Sensitve Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
The only shampoo that fixes my flaky scalp = my one true love.
John Frieda Conditioner*
This came with the new foam hair dye, and though it was moisturising it can only really be used one a week unless you like build up in your ends.
Lush Glogg Shower Gel
This is one of their Christmas time releases, it is uber spicy and richly scented, not for the faint of heart. I wish the cloves and cinnamon were played down a little by more of the mulled wine, as when I had a cold during the month my dulled senses enjoyed this shower gel.
This was such a lovely scent and the formula was lovely, but I wanted new scents for the shower so am not too sad to have finished this one up.
Rexona Clinical Protection Deodorant*
This deodorant is a cream formula and really does stop BO and perspiration in general. Mad love.
As you can see in my review (here) I'm not a major fan of this. Good at moisturising and isn't a horrible smell, but too daquiri-like for me and the seed-rage is too strong.
Hugo Boss orange sample
This little fabric swab was doused in the Hugo Boss fragrance and to be honest I don't distinctly remember the scent, but think it was citrusy and nice, but nothing extraordinary.
BareMinerals Prime Time foundation primer
This was a silicone based formula and I had my doubts, but this worked really well and didn't seem to break me out. Not sure if I would repurchase a full size of it, but I'm considering it.
Covergirl gloss
So old that it had to go, I don't even remember buying this.
Levou Aquaproof Mascara
Something about this mascara put me off trying it, it was in a free sample bag from somewhere random and I wasn't interested in trying it out.
Alpha-H Age Delay Cleansing Oil*
This little pot of oil (full size comes in a tube) was something I wasn't sure about, but ended up really enjoying. I used it as a sort of pre-cleanse and found it really easy to use, and I think I am going to buy a full size down the track.
Charmed Soap Bar
I am not the biggest fan of soap bars anyway and I don't know why this made a home in my shower. Gross and gone.
Showface Powder
I don't know if this is meant to be a blush or an eyeshadow, but it came smashed with my June Lust Have It bag. I emailed back and forth with Lust Have It, and when the replacement arrived, their were two pots inside and yet another was smashed. This is the second smashed pot, the other one went straight into the bin and made the biggest mess of my bathroom.

Phew, glad that is over!
How much did you finish in June?

*Marked items were sent to me.



7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you finished so many products! I don't think I even finished anything besides dry shampoo... Obviously I have to work harder. :P All these bath products makes me want to change my routine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Michelle I was surprised at how many half finished products I got through, I was stoked. How do you manage to not finish anything? Sometimes it is nice to make room for nice new things :)

      Delete
  2. Good for you for cleaning out! It's always such a relief! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, impressive empties this month - how frustrating is that smashed powder??? I've had a tragedy with one of my MAC eyeshadow pans this month - smashed to smithereens on my bathroom floor and utterly beyond saving :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Vita so over the smashed powder drama >< worst! Which shadow did you smash!?

      Delete
  4. Good job you finished so many products. I love reading empties posts!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...