Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Books I Love

I will admit that I spend far more time reading beauty blogs than books nowadays, but if I get hooked by a book I'm lost till it's done. I recently hauled some that will hopefully make it to this list in the future, but for now I will share some books I enjoyed.


The Book Thief- Markus Zuzak
This book moved me beyond belief, and I have urged everyone I've come into contact with to dive into it. The holocaust is such a strong topic, but this is about the beauty of human relationships, and the holocaust is just the setting which I love.


Madame Bovary-Gustave Flaubert
This novel, this author in fact, showed me the beauty that exists in life. I doubt I will ever find anything that I connect with so well as his writing, and he has influenced every facet of my life upon first reading (blog name, for example!) Such a beautiful book, and even if you aren't into 'classics' it has all the features of a trashy chick lit romance (cheating wife, whispering neighbours) but is written well.

Mini Shopaholic-Sophie Kinsella
The most recent addition to Kinsella's stellar Shopaholic series, this centres around Becky Bloomwood's new life as a shopping-obsessed Mumma.

Almost French- Sarah Turnbull
Riveting read about a woman who moved to France and shares with us the struggles that she faces, as well as the beauty of the city. My heart yearns to be back in Paris when I read this (I reread it often)


If anyone has read these, let me know what you thought of them. Or if you have any recommendations for me, throw them in the comment section!

All images taken from The Book Depository, where I purchase most of my reading material.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...