Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lip Balm Love-Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer


Am a fan of Burt's Bees as a brand, and was properly introduced to them via the Liptember promotion they held last September. They placed stands with their Rhubard lip shimmers at Priceline checkouts, and for a ten dollar donation you could get one with all proceeds going towards The Royal Women's Hospital.I loved the idea of it all, so threw one in with my haul that day. Fell in love, hard.


Packaging: Skinny yellow and red tube. Love that it's tall and slim as it fits so well if I'm going out and only have a small bag, and takes up less room in my makeup stash in my everyday handbag. Perfecto!


Taste: From most of the Burt's Bees range I get a little 'organic' taste..I know this is not a technical term, but hope you all know what I refer to when I say this. Not offensive in the slightest in this product.


Smell: None of that smell that the Burt's Bees balm I reviewed the other day has, which I'm happy with.


Texture: Silky, but the shimmer particles make it a little more gritty. This makes it stick to my lips a lot better, but is not too gritty as to make it uncomfortable. Absolutely LOVE the feeling of this balm, so nourishing and is like a treatment and lip colour in one!


Aesthetics: A stunning shimmery berry-ish colour, I think the name Rhubarb sums it up really well as it is unique and darker than your 'strawberry' sort of shades. Not too sparkly, makes lips look super healthy and gives enough colour to wear all by itself.


Reapplication: Lasts for ages and ages on me, and is a lip product that I rely on for this.


Repurchase:As my raving would suggest, this is a HG product for me. I would repurchase till the cows came home, and want you to try this for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...