Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Bronzed FOTD ft. Illamasqua, MAC and the Naked Palette

Neutrals are my best friends, and this look was created with some of my favourites from brands like Urban Decay, MAC, Illamasqua and Face of Australia.
*
Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation in Beige
Illamasqua concealer
Eco-Tools concealer brush
Essence Shimmer Powder in Flamingo Pink
BYS blush in Candyfloss
Jack Black Balm
MAC lip gelee in Straight to the Head
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Buck (from Naked Palette)
Urban Decay pencil in Zero
Napoleon Perdis brush (holiday collection)
*
*
My base products for this look consisted of Face of Australia's Mineral Therapy foundation which I am in the midst of testing. The shade 'beige' was a little too dark for me, but still wearable. This Illamasqua concealer is one I use everyday, sadly my skin is not in top condition and I have quite a few blemishes that need covering.
*
BYS have some great shades in their blush range, and Candyfloss is my favourite. I used this with Essence's Flamingo Pink highlighting powder along the cheekbones to try and brighten up my dull skin.
*
Mister Christopher bought me Illamasqua Bronx for Christmas, and when I received the Naked palette for my birthday the next week I assumed I had no use for the shade anymore. Not so! This shadow is a true stunner, and I'm glad we lost the receipt and couldn't exchange it. I layered Bronx over Buck from the palette, next time I create this look I would blend lighter shades up higher for a more intense look. I finished the look with a smudge of Urban Decay liner in Zero, and Benefit's BadGal Lash mascara.

*
I originally went with my clear Jack Black balm for this look, before I remembered that I had just received MAC's lip gelee in Straight to the Head from Lilit's blog sale. It's quite opaque and gives a sort of frosted finish, I will be reviewing it in depth soon.
*
This look is my version of an 'everyday' casual look. I found it to be pretty subtle but Bronx really made it all pop just that little bit.
*
I hope you enjoyed this FOTD, if you have any ideas of looks I should try do let me know.
I would love some inspiration!
emmabovary xx

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous FOTD.

    I've been on the look out for BYS blushes in nice colours, but they only seem to have dark browns that wont suit my fair skin in my local stockists. The hunt continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle=)
    I also see the brown shades,too, I was lucky to find this and the 'coral' shade at my city reject shop! I think fashionaddict. has BYS blushes...=) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful! How is the Illamasqua concealer working for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know when you use something everyday and are happy with it, but know it's not perfect and still lemm for a 'perfect' prod? It's like that with the Illamasqua concealer. Most of the time, it rocks. The other times it's a little too dry for my dry skin. I'll review it soon and hopefully make more sense;)
    And thank you for saying I look beautiful *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look on you - so pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. I want the Naked Palette! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look, the MAC lipgelee looks very pretty on you.

    I adore the Naked palette- am doing a FOTD series with it, so I'm also looking for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clare- Thank you! I'm getting brave with bronze=)x

    Crosswire Dreamers-It's worth getting! So many wearable shades in there.x

    Jen- I've really sheered out the gelee in this shot, it's pretty opaque and such a stunning colour. Nice idea for a series! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog!
    Check out mine if you have the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...