Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The 'At Home On a Budget' Facial

The stress of completing the last assignments for my post-graduate course wreaked havoc on my skin, which was such a shame as for the last few months I've been so happy with the condition of it. Sadly it isn't just skincare that dictates how my mug fares, and the painful spots stung even more knowing that they would hang around for my dear Candice's wedding! I made sure to take extra special care of my face and body in the week leading up to her big day, and this was a mid week treat that Mister Bovary and I indulged in - our 'at home on a budget' facial!
We literally wanted the whole 'spa experience' that comes along with pampering, and so we used L'Occitane Lavande Cologne* to create a relaxing scent and took turns being the beauty therapist. I started off with Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion* which is for sensitive skin. I then popped on a decent layer of the Apivita Express Beauty with Pink Clay*, which is supposed to draw out any impurities while cleansing the skin. I love that these come in single sachets, with enough inside for Mister Bovary and I to share with ease. After I washed off the pink clay, I threw on a Michika Complexion Rejuvenating Synergist Mask*, which is said to target fatigued skin - sign me up!

To finish up the lush pamper sesh, out came the moisturisers! We each dabbed some Kosmea Rosehip Oil* on our dry patches (a spot under my lip and a spot under his eye are the most annoying patches right now) and then finished off the whole lot with Biotherm Homme Aquapower* moisturiser from a sample from the male Glossybox.

So what do you think of my 'at-home facial' round up?
What products do you pamper your skin with?

Emma @ emmabovarybeauty

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys are hard core. I think I'd just slap on one mask and be like, "FACIAL!" lol Please come over and facial me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard core bebbeh! It was really nice to pretend we were in a salon at home.

      Delete
  2. I've tried the Michika face mask and I do love that. I'm a cloth face mask type of girl now. It's so much easier than having to wait for a mask to dry up on my face like you know...the "old" days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice, isn't it? I quite like my Origins Overnight Mask but I don't use clay unless my skin is behaving badly

      Delete
  3. What a nice ritual to do together :) My skin is going nuts at the moment so I'm doing a few clay treatments a week, but that's as far as the 'at home facial' goes! I'm guinea-pigging some nice natural cloth masks at the moment too, I'm loving how nice and easy they are.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...