Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Coral Contender

My obsession with pink lips seems to have waned a little bit and I've been rocking a bright coral lip. It all started when I was wearing a new top and wanted to embrace the bright shades in it, so I rustled through my stash and came up with 4 contenders...
Maybelline Color Sensational Coral Crush - this really is a stunning shade, and one that I have had for a few years now. Old and worn and one of my top 5 lip colours of all time, I always return to it when I get hooked back onto bright lips. It's bright, juicy and wears away so evenly that I often wear it to work!

Maybelline Color Sensational Vibrant Mandarin - A newer coral/orange acquisition, this was a shade from the revamped launch of the staple Maybelline line. More orange than the rest, the formula of this line is just divine.

MAC Party Parrot - a true matte shade from the lipstick legend, I was elated to pick this up from the MAC Iris Apfel collection back in 2012 (original post here!) This is slightly more red toned that the other coral rather than orange or pink, and is a nice flattering matte formula.

Revlon Super Lustrous 180 Melonade - A celebrated stunner that I really hunted for once I heard that it had been discontinued (even though I haven't worn it very much at all I have a back-up in my drawer!) The post that pushed me to buy this was definitely Tegan's...
Swooning over one of my favourite books (Virginia Woolf's A Room Of One's Own) and these four beautiful lip shades. Woolf's book stemmed from some lectures she gave about women and fiction, and it is something I reread regularly to get my mind going and pump me up from some writing.
 
In the end, I handed the reins over to Mister Bovary to decide and Coral Crush came up trumps! So I can now call it a household favourite, right? I've worn it consistently since these photos were taken, so that is saying something.
What bright coral lipstick do you have in your stash?
Do you own any of these beauties?

Emma @ emmabovarybeauty

*All of these were bought with my own cash. Honesty, always.

11 comments:

  1. I have lots of lipsticks, and lots that I don't use very much and then there are the orange lipsticks that are virtually non existent in my collection! Yes, I'm scared that orange clashes with my yellow undertones so the most I go for is a peach or coral pink on the lips! I think orange and corals looks great on your pale complexion, very brightening and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore coral in general - lips, cheeks nails...the lot! I have and adore Vibrant Mandarin, it's an amazing shade. I wish I had Melonade, it looks so pretty!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coral lips! They look good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac Party Parrot is my all time fave but Shanghai Suzy Miss Sarah-Jane is another affordable one I've been wearing constantly lately.

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good coral lip! I have Vibrant Mandarin and another wonderful coral lippy from L'Oreal which I love but I can't remember the name of right now - whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the post and the pics .. My fave coral is MAC Crosswires .. I have to check Coral Crush ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have and love Coral Crush and Melonade. I find Coral Crush to be a bit drying though, and super staining. But it's a fantastic colour. Melonade is one of my favourite lipsticks of all time, such a bummer they discontinued it (along with Strawberry Suede) :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shame party parrot is discontinued, it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coral is truly a wonderful color to wear.. not only on the lips but also when it comes to clothes :)
    In my stash I have several corals but the one that stand out the most to me has to be Firecracker by Rimmel :)
    I have mentioned it in my 30 Days of Lipstick series and it is a true beauty :)
    I do not own any of those you mentioned above but next time Im in the store I will most definitely see if I can find the Maybelline ones.. and maybe some other coral ones ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coral crush is so pretty. I super like the color for its not too light and not too dark. I think its also perfect for Summer for the color looks wonderful. A must try indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...