Monday, November 3, 2014

Once // Spaghetti Tree // Pink Makeup Look

I was due for a good night out, so when a chance to see Once The Musical before the official opening popped up I jumped at the chance. I’m definitely not a musical buff but I had the vague idea that it was a love story and since I’m a bit mushier than the average at the moment I was interested in giving Once a go.

 
I definitely think that it is more of a play with musical elements than a straight up musical, which is probably why I enjoyed it so much. The talent of the cast is seriously outstanding and to hear them jamming before the show on stage was pretty special, but my favourite part was actually seeing them changing the set during the show as it was all done seamlessly and integrated into the action with a single set being slightly altered for each scene. I spoke with a few others who were fans of the film that Once is based on and they were really impressed with the stage adaption, but I haven’t seen the film myself so can’t comment on whether or not they did it justice.
 

Before the show my friend and I went to have dinner at the Spaghetti Tree (59 Bourke St.) which is one of my favourite restaurants in the Melbourne CBD (Mister took me there for our first anniversary years ago!) We both ordered a plate of Pumpkin Mezzaluna (roasted pumpkin ravioli served with napolitana sauce, capsicums, herbs and spinach, $21) and it was really tasty with the ravioli pillows having just the right amount of pumpkin inside and the sauce was perfectly flavoursome.

 
I went with a pink makeup selection for the night out and was really happy with how everything paired with the bright pink lip. I also picked out some jewellery to wear for the night from the unloved section of my stash!


 

Main Makeup Bits:
Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray*
Nars And God Created the Woman Palette
Face of Australia Liquid Eyeliner
Chanel Pink Explosion Joues Contraste Blush
Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong
 

Once the Musical is at theatres now, for more details and to buy tickets head here.

I think I need to head out to the dinner and the theatre more often, I had a really nice time!
What stage show is the best you’ve ever seen?
Emma x
 
*I received tickets to Once but all opinions are my own!

4 comments:

  1. Love that you had such a great night! I really haven't seen a staged show in a while although there are plenty of casual humorous ones here in singapore! I really should go and see one and plenty of them don't break the bank! The food sounded lovely and I love your pink bourjois lip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to start going to the comedy shows here in Melbourne too they are so affordable :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to a live musical in ages! My most memorable would have to be seeing Sunset Boulevard playing on Broadway, NYC - now that was years ago!

    Loving the hot pink lips Emma! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds lovely! Thanks for the complement too - I adore those Bourjois brights, they make me so happy!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...