Thursday, December 9, 2010

MAC Viva Glam 'Cyndi'

When Lady Gaga and Cyndi Lauper teamed up with MAC to make lippy shades, I was interested. I'm not the biggest fan of either of these ladies, but I appreciate what they do and the style they have is certainly unique. To be honest, Gaga's shade was the one that hooked me in. The candy pink shade looks so cute in MAC's bullet shaped tubes, and being pale I thought it might look alright on me.It didn't=( I tried it on the other day with the intention of buying it, but it was the sad case of my memory hyping it up. I put it on ages ago and liked it, but now...not so much. I am far too pale for it, and it really washes me out. Even though I'd love to see others ladies rock this shade, I'm going to be realistic and step away from the tube! I stepped away, and found myself staring at Cyndi.
She's described by MAC as a "light coral-red colour", and I'd say that that is pretty accurate. In the tube it appears quite pigmented, but on the lip it's much sheerer than expected. I like this, as it means I can apply it on the run without needing a mirror, and it gives me 'red-lip confidence' without being high mainty! Genius. It does build up well, though, so if you do want more impact you can pump it up with a few extra coats. As you can see from the image below, I've worn this quite a bit, and find myself reaching for it as a 'no-brainer'.
As with the rest of the VIVA GLAM prodz, all proceeds goes towards the MAC/AIDS fund. Think of your lipstick purchase as being a charitable $35 donation, with a thank you gift in the MAC bullet tube ;) emmabovary x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...