Monday, October 17, 2011

Lasting Finish Lipsticks- Rimmel by Kate Moss

After checking out of life last week (all I did was work and sleep!) I am back and ready to blog my heart away!

Today, I bring you the new collection from Rimmel, in collaboration with the amazing Kate Moss! I had no idea this was about to be released in Australia, and was planning on roping my darling cousin who lives in the UK to get a hold of some of the lipsticks for me. On my lunch break last week, I found them at Priceline! This is their official description:

Rimmel London’s Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick consists of nine shades of lipstick inspired by Kate’s experience on the runway, in the studio and on the red carpet. The black packaging features Kate’s signature in red.


 #04 is a deep purple colour that swatched really glossy and opaque. I think it would be a beautiful shade for those bold enough to rock a purple lip.
#09 is a red that leans hot pink, and was also super opaque in swatches. Under the bright store lights this looked quite red until I swatched #11 next to it.
#11 seems to be a true red to my eye
#12 is a red that leans coral, I really liked the look of this one but didn't purchase it as I thought I had too many coral lipsticks. Beauty lover fail, 'too many' and 'coral' never belong in the same sentence, so I am regretting not buying this one.
#14 is a warm nude shade, that wasn't too 'concealer-like' despite being very opaque.
#15 is a weird one, it's a super frosty/shimmery mauve colour that applies sheer when compared the other shades in the collection. Not sure this would suit me, but an interesting shade nevertheless!


I was a good girl and only took home one, but swatched the 6 shades they had available at the time. I later visited another Priceline and saw they had all 9 shades available. Sad face.
*
I chose #09 as I hardly wear my true red lipsticks, and rather than going for the coral like I probably should have I stepped out of my comfort zone and went for a pink toned red. I'm still unsure about it as it is quite a strong colour, but I wore it the other day and didn't mind it.
As you can see from this shot the shade definitely leans fuschia as opposed to a true red, and I think it's nice because it's different to anything I have. I do wish I had've bought the other pink shade from the collection, but I'm sure I'll pick it up next time. The formula of these is quite moisturising for a 'lasting finish' lipstick, but it does dry down to that typical feeling of a long last. I tend to keep a clear gloss at hand when it starts to feel a little tight, but compared to other long last formulas I have tried this one is much more comfortable to wear. I did find that this was a super smudgable sort of lipstick, I had to be careful when I had it on. For seasoned lipstick wearers, this may not be an issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning in case others aren't a fan of that. I adore the packaging, the red signature across the cap is a gorgeous touch and the tube itself feels sturdy enough to roll around in my handbag all day.
*
Rimmel London’s Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick retails for an affordable $11.95 AUD and is available wherever you see a Rimmel stand;) I've only seen in Priceline stores thus far, so please let me know where else you see this collection (Australia & Overseas)

20 comments:

  1. #4 is so pretty!!
    You are looking gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't resist the bright red, No 10, I'm going to be blogging about this myself soon.. I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how pretty no 9 on you! Great price for longlasting lippie. I'm too tempted to buy. I just got the new L'Oreal infallible one. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nancy- you would totally rock #4! Thanks for your comment:)

    @Omega- I'm still a little nervous with reds, even though I can go out with a hot hot pink lip! Craziness. I'm looking forward to your post!

    @Su Thank you so much, I think the pink tones make it less scary to wear. So cheap considering it's backed by Kate Moss, in my opinion. let me know how the new L'Oreal goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some beautiful lipsticks! 09 looks amazing on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Celina:) I think it suits me better than the true reds would, I'm glad you think it's alright on me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can get them on ASOS here: http://www.asos.com/au/Rimmel-London/Rimmel-London-Kate-Lipstick/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1873968&SearchQuery=rimmel&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=012

    I might have to get my hands on #9 as it looks so fab on you =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been waiting to read a review on this lippie and glad I came across yours! #9 suits you very well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting the swatches, I had a quick look at these the other day but didn't get a chance to play with them properly (had my boyfriend in tow, killing my beauty shopping buzz) I think I might have to get one of these, prob no.9 looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lauren thanks so much for the link! Aw thanks for the compliment:)

    @Rose I hadn't seen a review either so am happy to have helped you out with that :)

    @Megan no problem at all, I was so excited to see the collection out down under! Ah the perils of shopping with the boyfriend, hardly ever works hey

    @SocialiteDreams thanks for your comment:) Would love to see #15 on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was unsure about these, but now that I've seen your swatches I'm definitely in. I love that red on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @olgiepolgie glad to have helped you make up your mind about them:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I looked at the swatches, I was thinking "I think emma would rock #09, hell I think it might even look good on me too"

    And lo and behold, you got #09!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Celeste you know me well;) I think it would look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey ! I just want to know, number 14 is NUDE MAUVE or TRUE NUDE ? ´Cause i love color on you hand <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Ivica I would definitely say it is more of a true nude than a mauve shade:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a few of them and love them but the numbers on your shades are different than the ones we have in states and the tubes are all black I like those lipstick tubes about ty

    ReplyDelete
  18. @EsteeDarla Oh isn't that annoying when that happens! You'd think they'd make the numbers universal to keep it easy for us all. Are the shades the same colours though? Yeah the tubes at the top (black with Kate's signature) are what we buy but the testers have neat colour coded bottoms:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got one of these lipstick too!! And I love it so much!
    Check out my review on it!
    RIMMEL Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick REVIEW + SWATCHES

    love, FRANCESCA <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...