Friday, October 19, 2012

Graduation // FOTD, NOTD, celebration!

The day finally came for me to don the university gowns and get up on stage to receive my degee. I plan to return next year for a diploma, but am still relieved and excited to have entered this new chapter of my life as a graduate!
Rather than getting the stiff official photographs from the university, my best friend grabbed my Nikon and snapped away and it worked out perfectly for me! My parents were still on the plane coming home from overseas so didn't make it, but I had other family there to cheer me on, and Chris took the morning off work and beamed up at me from the audience.
Candice and I, with the beautiful orange flowers she bought me.
Graduation FOTD
Candice is holding my hair back from the windy weather!

Products Used
Face:
Face of Australia Face Base Primer
Illamasqua Skin Base in 3.5
Illamasqua Lover blush
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light 4-5

Eyes:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Laura Mercier African Violet and Black Plum with Pale Pink to highlight
essence gel liner in Midnight in Paris
Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara in Black Shimmer

Lips:
YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 6 Rose Bergamasque



I went with my 'dependable' look for such an important occasion, rather than trying anything new or exciting. I wanted to define my eyes for photos, and I knew that Lover looked great on camera so went with that. I was really happy with how it all came together, especially seeing as my skin is terrible right now and you can't tell in most of the photos.

I wanted something darker than my usual nail looks for my graduation so that you could see that they were painted in photos, so I chose to use my new Mode Cosmetics metallic shade in Blue Steel. I couldn't resist glittering it up with my BYS glitter polish in N347 (one coat wonder, with a base colour!) I was really happy with how they looked, I'll pop a photo with flash below so you can see how dark they actually were.

All the late nights, coffees, sleep ins and long lectures were made worth it when I finished this course. Even though I'll undoubtedly be studying something my whole life, my graduation ceremony made me proud of myself and I really feel as though I've accomplished something.

What is your proudest moment? Graduation? Becoming a mum? Buying your first home?
I'd love for you to share your stories with me!



I personally purchased everything used in this NOTD and FOTD. Honesty, always.

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations Emma! Well done, it sure is a proud moment :) I've had two of those myself!
    And you look gorgeous, love the eyeshadow in particular :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Su thank you so much. Can't wait to have my next one, then I will hopefully be teaching! They are my favourite eyeshadows, so pretty.

      Delete
  2. You looked stunning! Congratulations! I am currently on my last semester and I can't wait to graduate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jasmine Thanks so much, good luck with your last semester I'm sure you will ace it!

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Sadly, my proudest day might have been my grad, but everyone in my family is medical and I didn't want to go down that path, so I spent the whole day thinking 'it's no big thing, because I'm not a Dr blah blah parents aren't proud etc' sad I know.
    I think, my proudest day was getting the keys to my house once it was finally built and knowing it was mine...feels pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lizzi I think you should be amazingly proud, your profession is a great one Lizzi. I think building a house is a moment worth being very, very proud of :)

      Delete
  4. You look great, loved the FOTD, n African violet looks amazing :) .. My proudest moment was me getting my first job, n calling my parents n my father being ecstatic n saying that he was so proud of me ..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Saumya African Violet is pretty much my favourite shadow <3 It is so lovely to hear your parents say they are proud of you, such a wonderful moment

      Delete
  5. Congrats gorgeous girl! Glad I was there to celebrate with you :) Looking back now my proudest day was also my grad earlier in the year but it didn't seem so big at the time, just felt like the natural progression of my course. Being the first in my family to get a uni degree is pretty big and my Mum was pretty proud. That made me feel proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! I hope to wear my gown this coming summer :) I bet it feels just amazing being up there :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You looked fabulous. I think I actually had my proudest moment this year when I spent a week in Europe on my own before the boyfriend joined me. Up until then it was probably graduating from uni like you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Emma! I love the makeup you chose, definitely a look that will stand the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Emma you look lovely. Love the face you shared your makeup with us xx I have to many proudest moments to mention lol!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Emma! Good choice of makeup. I didn't know how to used makeup when I was in uni so I had none on for my graduation :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, congratulations, Emma! You should be very proud. :) What did you study, btw?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Emma!!!! A big milestone for sure! I've had a few big milestones in my life: my university graduation, my wedding day, and of course the birth of my gorgeous boy - now 11 years old already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations - you look lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on Graduating! I finish my course at LTU this year. :-)

    I love Mode Blue Steel, I remember purchasing it four years ago while I was on summer holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Emma! Love your FOTD and those glittery nails. :) My proudest moment? Hmm..hard one. I guess graduating the second time because I got to share that moment with my kids.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...