Wednesday, November 6, 2013

{The Maid of Honour} Wedding Manicure

{the peonies in my bridesmaid bouquet, the clutch we held on the day and the accessories to match}
 My beautiful best friend Candice got married over the weekend, and I was lucky enough to have the privilege of standing beside her as maid of honour as she made this new step with her man. I'm not sure how much detail she would be happy about me divulging here, so until I've spoken to her about it I thought I'd stick to the small details...I just couldn't help myself from posting the nail shades I chose to wear on the day! The bridesmaids all wore different dresses made in the same turquoise/teal shade, and Candice asked us to wear neutral style polish to set off the look. I think she chose really well, some of us had natural nails (moi) while others had acrylics or gels, but all of us felt really comfortable and I personally loved my choices.
I've loved the essence Nude Glam polish in Café Ole for a really long time now, but I had to repurchase it to wear over the weekend as I didn't want to have to go through the trillions of polishes stored in shoe boxes that we are yet to unpack. It's a gorgeous nude shade that complements my super-pale skin (or translucent as it was touted at the wedding!) but there are also other shades in the range for different skin tones. The brush is nice and wide and the formula is pretty spot on, but I don't find it lasts a super long time on my nails (most polishes don't, my nails are pretty weak)
I decided to create a rough glittered tip to my nails (sort of in an ombre style with it one third of the way up each nail) and I adored the effect! Sadly I was too busy posing for photos to snap a good picture of them, so you're stuck with these shots and your nail lover imagination! I chose OPI Witch is Witch for the glitter, the bar glitter inside looks awesome against the nude and it made me smile every time I looked down at my nails during the day.
 
What sort of polish did you wear to your wedding, or what do you plan on wearing?
I am definitely having a bit of glitter in my wedding mani next year (and we just worked, the wedding is now less than a year away! Countdown is on!)
 
Emma @ emmabovarybeauty
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. OMG GIRL! What you're getting married?! That's so exciting congrats!!! Hopefully you'll keep us updated on the plannings and details, weddings are always so much fun c:
    I've never tried anything from essence but ppl always say great things about their nail polishes! I love wide brushes on nail polishes, it makes application so much easier! I wish essie brushes were wider.

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep got engaged over a year ago now! Getting married October next year so the countdown is on! I'm sure a few planning posts will sneak in as I seek advice from you all lol.

      Delete
  2. I'm so bummed you didn't get a chance to get a good photo of this but I'm so glad you had a blast at the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so bummed too! I will have to recreate the mani and post on it, I was just so rushed on the day and focused on the bride :)

      Delete
  3. I had a similar gradient mani for my wedding, except I use blue, since that was our accent color. Loved it! Love your choice too! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear you had something similar Ash! Love that you had blue, I am imagining a very cool wedding when I think of you ;)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...