Monday, November 10, 2014

Serious Sephora Skincare

Looking at all of these Sephora VIB sale posts (see Liz's post, am swooning) is making me lemm things I'd never even heard of before - I still have to pinch myself at the realisation that by this time next week I will have visited a Sephora store for the first time ever! I'm not a VIB (obviously) but I have signed up for the Sephora emails etc and I can't wait to start accumulating some points on our holiday!

I've been perusing the skincare section of the Sephora site for a while now and have a wish list that is quite extensive - I was a good girl and used up the cleansers I already had to allow myself to go crazy in America in this regard, so I'm going to leap at the chance to choose myself some lovely new skincare soon. Would love to hear recommendations from those in the know, too!


Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning (for face)
I'm hesitant about the whole fake tanning thing, but a wee bit of colour on my pasty mug wouldn't go astray and I've heard this one is the bees knees!

Clinique Take The Day Off $28.50 USD/3.8oz
This is a sure thing, I've wanted to try it for so long but it's something like $55AUD so there was no chance of that happening. I need a good cleansing balm in my life right now!

Peter Thomas Roth Skinstant Mask Magic $20 USD/3X 0.5oz
This is a bit of an excitement extra for me, I've seen some good reviews of the PTR masks and I'd like to be able to put my two cents in, plus 3 mini sizes for $20 isn't too crazy for a little thrill.

Ole Henrikson Pure Truth Melting Cleanser $34 USD/4oz
Put the word melting near cleanser and I am all yours, Ole!

Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil $28 USD/5oz
Seemingly a YouTube girl favourite, this one is more natural than others I've been checking out and I'm looking forward to trying this brand for the first time.

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads
Love the Dr. Dennis Gross Peel Pads (may get those too...) but these come with rave reviews from people I trust so I'm on board with trying them out.

Also quite tempted by some Glamglow goodies (never tried the brand before!) but I guess we'll see how overwhelmed I get once I hit U.S shores (we fly out tomorrow!)
Any other skincare bits I should be looking into?

Emma x

12 comments:

  1. I've never tried the Clinique balm, but I've tried the cleansing milk version and love it (more than the Boscia oil, actually). Incidentally, Clinique also now has a Take the Day Off cleansing oil, which I want to try after I get through all of my Shu Uemura oils (which I love, but $$$!). Have fun, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't fall in love with the Shu oils, though I remember liking the pink sample that I tried. I don't often love cleansing milks but they do feel nice in summer - I've used he Boscia oil a handful of times now but unsure as to what I think of it yet.

      Delete
  2. I always love trying new skincare. I can't wait until Sephora opens in Sydney so I don't have to go overseas to get these brands!

    http://missjulziez.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally shy away from trying new things as my skin can be a pain, but I'm ready to find some new favourites now :)

      Delete
  3. I really wanna try Boscia, Clinique blam and FAB pads and yes GlamGlow too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great selection of brands at Sephora, I felt like I was in heaven

      Delete
  4. Okay, so I finally caught sight of that PTR mini mask set and the jar is TINY. Like, you'd get only one use out of each jar which is ridiculous! I don't think the bigger $45-50 set exists anymore but if you do see it, that's the one to get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I saw the bigger sets around quite a bit over the month, perhaps they just sold out around your area? I found that sizes of the mini-masks to be just a bit too teensy for me, I would've rather put the money towards one of those mega multi-brand sets and been able to try out a bunch of brands instead (incidentally I didn't end up doing that!)

      Delete
  5. I've just opened a new tub of FAB pads this morning, love these little things! I've been looking at both the Ole Henriksen and Clinique cleaning balms as well but first need to use up my Emma Hardie. Have fun in the US!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am yet to open mine but I am so excited to try them out. I had an amazing time in the US!

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh Sephora - I went batsh*t crazy over it when I went to NYC a couple of years ago. I definitely should've signed up to their rewards program (but I was clueless/a n00b then) since I spent probably $300 there! Hope you're having an amazing time and not spending too much ;) I really want to try the Clinique Take The Day Off - heard nothing but good reviews and Caroline Hirons approves :) Though side-eyeing the huge price difference between the US and Australia...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost made it to VIB status there, and the day I returned home they sent me a free voucher and I could've cried right then and there. I adore Sephora now, free samples are so cute and I got a nice point perk perfume, too

      Delete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...