Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Anniversary Weekend Away : Curated Travel Skincare

Mister Bovary and I returned last night from a long weekend in the city to celebrate our first wedding anniversary - it's amazing to think it was a whole year ago that I walked down the aisle and celebrated with all of our family, and so funny to think that I've not yet posted any wedding snaps/details here on the blog! I wonder if that is something you would find interesting? But I digress; I wanted to share with you the curated travel skincare I brought along with me for our 3 night stay in Melbourne, as I am quite proud of all of the travel-sized and mini products I saved up for the occasion!
Quite a simplistic routine was on the agenda for a busy weekend of sightseeing, romantic dinners and the like, so I brought along a few bits for makeup removal and the basic staples for everything else.
  • Neutrogena Make-Up Removing Cleansing Towelettes
  • Bioderma Crealine H2O 20ml
  • Bioderma Sebium H2O 10ml
  • Chanel Gentle Biphase Eye Makeup Remover 10ml
  • Bioderma Cotton Rounds
  • Dermalogica Precleanse 30ml
  • Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
  • Bioderma Sebium AKN Purifying Corrective Care
  • Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask (decanted into pot)
  • OPI Avojuice Coconut Melon Lotion
I had been squirreling away my baby skincare bits for this trip and another we have mid-November, and it made such a difference to the weight of my overnight bag! Mister was very impressed with my restraint and thought the stash very cute, and I was pleased that I used everything I brought with me bar the Chanel remover (used Bioderma instead!) and the Bioderma Crealine (the 10ml Sebium sachet lasted the whole trip so I didn't need to reach for it) I have another post detailing the makeup I brought along with me forthcoming and I must say I did very well with packing for this weekend away.
 
How do you fare when it comes to packing for short trips?
What is the most romantic date you've ever been on?
-Emma

13 comments:

  1. Minis are the best way to pack for travel! A great way to test things out too - I always find something that I'm tempted to buy in full size afterward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They make such a difference to the load you have to carry, that's for sure! I have the full sizes of most of these bits (am currently using that MB cleanser etc) but I'm sure having fresh mini's to try would add to my wishlist, ha!

      Delete
  2. These look nice :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All really nice products, I was happy with them :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I'm jealous of your collection of minis - I always seem to end up with minis and samples that I don't like or am not interested in, which I definitely don't want to bring travelling. My full-sized but essential products take up so much room when it comes to packing for a trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am pretty impressed with my mini collection right now, it's the stuff I'm actually using full size which is a rare feat indeed! I usually have to decant so many but just did the one this time around, I love using my Origins overnight mask if I know I'll be having a tipple and that it will suck moisture from my skin :)

      Delete
  4. Has it been a year already?!?! I love visiting Melbourne. Such a relaxing place. I love mini's as well. And they do come in handy when travelling for a short time.

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure has - time has really flown! I adore Melbourne, feel very lucky to live in such a wonderful city

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! On my recent trip to Europe, I brought one small bottle of cleansing oil, packets of serum samples, packets of moisturizer sans SPF samples and packets of SPF moisturizer samples. I usually travel very light -- the rest I can always purchase in the destination if I so wish/need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire! You were good to bring along packets for your trips! My skin tends to get cranky if I change up all of my skincare at once so mini's are where it's at for me, though a few samples here and there never go astray. I'll have to forget to bring bits as an excuse to buy some skincare next time I'm overseas ;)

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary, Emma! Minis are my favorite way to go, especially since I don't like trying new things! I try to travel as light as possible, so they are always handy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary!! Hope you had a great weekend - love all those cute little miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently cross referencing your post and a packing list for my ten days away from home holiday packing. So far I have a small bag for shower and a slightly bigger bag for skincare/necessities that are not for the shower (deo and such). Very good work with the smaller sized toiletries, I'm trying to take a few pages out of your book :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...