Monday, October 5, 2015

September Lifestyle Favourites


I have a feeling that this is the first time you would have seen a lifestyle favourites on my blog, but I figured that since I love watching them on YouTube it made sense to share my own favourites with you all. The majority ended up being beverages but overall it highlights how chilled (read:boring) my life really is outside of the beauty realm!
writing with my new Kikki K pen // sunny spring days // my planner and favourite pen // my library stack
Kikki K Pen
This pen makes writing about 80% more enjoyable for me, and for that it's a definite lifestyle favourite this month! I hate how it smudges when you highlight over it but the glide is so addictive and I've just seen that they possible have this pen in a Christmas design - be still my heart! I wrote with it to show you what it looks like above and then snapped it sitting on my 2015 Personal Planner* which I'm also loving at the moment!

Sunny Spring Days
My mood has definitely been elevated since the nice weather took hold of Melbourne - it's still light when Mister and I return home from work and we've been enjoying sitting out in the backyard enjoying the sunshine as we wind down from the day.

My Library Card
I'm back on the library bandwagon in the biggest way, and am really enjoying stacking my shelves high with books I don't have to pay for! I've been scrolling through Goodreads stealing recommendations from people I admire and I've also joined the fabulous Look At All These Books book club!
Madame Flavour Mint Choc Rooibos // Jarrah Coconut Hot Choc // Moccona Hint of Caramel // Garlic Prawns with Chicken & Leek Risotto
Madame Flavour Tea Treats - Mint Choc Rooibos
I can't imagine finding a tea that tastes better than this one - it's sweet enough to replace dessert without being overwhelming, it's the perfect mix of choc and mint in tea form, and it makes me happy each night when I drink it in bed reading a book!

Jarrah Coconut Hot Chocolate
I'm definitely not a big hot chocolate fan, but my sister in law gave me a few sachets of this to try and now I'm hooked! I've tried to work coconut into my drinks in the past and always failed, and this was the exact taste I was trying to replicate! Now I just have to convince Jarrah not to EVER discontinue this...

Moccona with a Hint of Caramel
Yet another hot drink - it's clear where my obsession lies, isn't it? This is what I have each morning with sugar and a splash of milk and it's my favourite - sometimes I even choose it over a proper takeaway coffee, and that is saying something!

Garlic Prawns with Chicken & Leek Risotto
I fell into a routine with my dinners through September but this was the clear favourite with juicy prawns sitting on top of creamy and moreish risotto - a definite treat meal that Mister and I really enjoy.
----------------------------------
What were your lifestyle favourites in September?
Any hot drink recommendations for me? I'm seriously obsessed!
Emma x

9 comments:

  1. Yum that risotto looks amazing!
    I fell in love with cold brew coffee and iced teas all made at home this past few months. Hot beverages just didn't make the cut.
    Library for the win forever 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had a cold coffee in so long, I saw on Buzzfeed that the best way to do it is freeze coffee into cubes and then you can make your own frappucino, can't believe I never thought to do that but now I can't wait to try it out!

      Delete
  2. Gosh it has been a long month with three weeks of work/events almost every night! Lifestyle favourites... I'm going to say Beethoven's 9th & Dvork's New World which is on my ipod on repeat, and I just bought the records today :P Mint Choc Rooibos sounds delightfun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh very nice, I haven't listened to classical music in far too long! You should try out that tea, it's amazing!

      Delete
  3. I used to be obsessed with stationery back in my high school/uni days, I'm all about pens that make writing more enjoyable! I have always loved fountain pens and I purchased a mini Kaweco fountain pen a year ago and I'm still obsessed! I carry it around daily in its little tin and use it in my diary.
    That coconut hot choc sounds heavenly! I must pick a box up next time I'm in the supermarket!

    chloé⎪ status.chlo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to school/uni stationary shopping used to be my favourite part of the year, and the obsession has not waned since I graduated uni!

      Delete
  4. Madame Flavour make quite a few herbal teas that I love to drink in the morning - lately it's been lemongrass, lime & ginger I've been going for every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few sample sachets of their other teas to try - so far I've only tried the lavender and it wasn't enjoyable for me, much too fragrant for my tastes so I've stuck to my choc mint!

      Delete
  5. Ohhh I so hope the pen comes out I a Christmas theme!!! Love the personalized planner! I adddd to you to good reads :) I've been looking for more people to follow for ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your opinion on this post! Please don't leave links in your comments, I always check out the bloggers who comment so there is no need :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...